Tutorials > Digital Design

Calligraphy Invitation Layout in Photoshop

<< < (3/5) > >>

Erica McPhee:
Hi!
These are great questions! I don't always send out for printing, especially if it is less than 15 or so. I use a Canon MX series printer. I like it but it is a complete ink hog. I bought it because it was one of the first wireless ones and because it did double sided printing which few did back then. The printing is photo quality.

I had an Epson which I absolutely loved but if one cartridge ran out, it wouldn't let me keep printing until I replaced it which I found annoying.

For paper, I like Strathmore Writing Paper, 110#, in both white and soft white (cream). I bought it from the local print shop. It has a nice soft texture and prints well. Plus it is nice and thick but still goes through my home printer. I believe you can buy it online. It has a nicer texture than say scrapbook paper. And there is a wide range of envelopes to match.

I definitely gang up when I can and then cut with a paper cutter. I have a heavy duty cutter with an arm which cuts really well. If it has to be folded, I score it first on a Martha Stewart scoreboard and then fold with a bone folder.

I hope that helps!  :D

LKing:
It certainly does! Thank you so much!

I just got engaged so I'm going to test myself and try put together "will you be my bridesmaid" cards for the girls and because I'm having six, It seems a bit much to send to a printer if I can do it myself. I absolutely love deckled edge paper and wondering how it might print and whether I should tear it to size before or after! Perhaps some trail and error!

Thanks again Erica!

Perfectsettings:
I'm happy to report that I'm among the living... I bought the new Photoshop program.  Now, just learning it is a task in itself.

Erica McPhee:
L,
I would tear the deckle before printing. Sometimes the tearing doesn't always go as planned. And I find it trickier to tear the smaller the paper. Do you have a deckled edge ruler? I just score the line, then fold it back and forth a few times, then tear it.

Love your project idea! Maybe you'll share?!  ;D

Erica McPhee:
LOL Daisy! I'm glad to hear that!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version