Author Topic: Saint Wenceslas Spanish pangram  (Read 926 times)

Offline Trazo

• View Profile
Saint Wenceslas Spanish pangram
« on: September 28, 2020, 02:59:14 PM »
Today we celebrate the festivity of Saint Wenceslas, patron of the Czech lands. In compensation for the day off, I have composed a Spanish pangram in his honor (taking advantage of the fact that the W is a rare letter in Spanish). As we say here that "every Czech is a musician", I assume this is true also for the poor Wenceslas and I have made him an accomplished xylophone player. Oh yeah!

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Wenceslas Spanish pangram
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 04:28:34 PM »
Quite right. Time to change the photo.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 04:31:52 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Trazo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 03:09:58 PM »
You piked up the wrong saint  :). This one is Saint John of Nepomuk, the saint of the Contrareformation. I am attaching Wenceslas, also from Charles bridge. There is still another representation of him on the bridge: as a child with his granma Saint Ludmila.

I may compose another pangram for Nepomuk in his festivity (I have to find when it is). Unfortunately Nepomuceno (the Spanish version) has no tricky consonants: I will have to pick that W from elsewhere. C'est la vie.

Offline Andrew Davies

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 01:38:18 PM »
Lovely work Trazo! Also had to laugh at Wenceslas being a gifted xylophonist 😂. Very well done. 👍

Offline Trazo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 02:30:26 PM »
Thank you, Andrew.  All my calligraphy is very shaky so far, but I am enjoying the learning process a lot. It is lake going back to first grade  :)