Author Topic: Day 31 - 2023 -Fire  (Read 368 times)

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
Day 31 - 2023 -Fire
« on: October 31, 2023, 04:51:12 PM »
Inktober 23
Day 31 Fire
Just a peace of world in the Peanut world
Someone is enjoying the camping after fire fighting  ;D

Thank you everyone and I  hope all are enjoying the Halloween!! 

Offline K-2

• View Profile
Re: Day 31 - 2023 -Fire
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 05:35:48 PM »
@Cyril Jayant - What a cozy way for Snoopy & Woodstock to end Inktober! Such a lively drawing.

@AnasaziWrites - I had guessed it was McCaffery's Red-Violet that you used on "Rush"! I love that ink!

@Erica McPhee & Mike - there is indeed a certain irony to that mailbox for Rush/Urgent (especially living in a place where there is effectively no true "overnight" mail service). I have a huge respect and affection for the US Postal Service though.

Here it is - the final Inktober 2023 prompt! It's been an amazing month with you all! Thank you for participating and/or for offering encouragement and support! What an amazing community - thanks again to Erica for bringing us all together!

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 05:42:17 PM »
Fire

On a trip to Venice in 2004, we stopped by the Murano factory. They use a lot of fire there.

Iroshizuku yu-yake ink

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 04:45:02 AM »
Well, I had grand ideas about some of the prompts, but didn’t have the time. I almost gave up on finishing the last days. But I really wanted the accomplishment of tackling each prompt. So to finish, I had to let go of my previous plan and greatly simplify my approach. But, I did do all 31 prompts plus a couple extra. Days 22-31 below.

Eagerly awaiting the wrap-up thread.

Offline Matthew H.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 08:11:01 AM »
I just wanted to say sorry to everyone for being absent for much of the last week. I wish I'd been more supportive than I have. :-[

I'm really grateful to @K-2 for suggesting I take part in Inktober, and to everyone for making me feel so welcome. Thank you all so much. I've been absolutely blown away by everyone's work – it's been incredibly inspiring. I'm going to miss seeing what everyone's been creating!

I couldn't allow myself to get away with only posting one piece. Here's something I tried in gouache again (this time, Schmincke Vermilion Red and Cadmium Yellow Hue Light Calligraphy Gouache).

I had lots of fun doing this – it's something I've wanted to play around with for a while. And it gave me the chance to write some uncial again, which I'm afraid I've allowed to fall out of practice a bit.

The result is… well, it didn't quite turn out as I'd hoped. Another attempt had a more convincing flame effect (and maybe better letters) but was spaced too tightly. But, hey, at least this gave me another chance to practise with gouache and can be a starting point for hopefully improving in the future.

Roll on Inktober 2024! :D

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 03:41:29 PM »
Out with a bang! Or is it FLAME?! These are all fabulous! @Cyril Jayant - So charming! And you can’t help but smile while admiring it!
@K-2 - DANG! That Fire (and dragon) are well - FIRE!  :D
@AnasaziWrites - You should write a book from all your travels including your photos and calligraphy!
@tiffany.c.a - Way to pull it all together for a finale!
@Matthew H. - Wowza! Your Celtic is on fire! And what a beautiful one it is!

Thank you all so much for delighting us each and every day with your commitment, work, and sharing (@Lucie Y @Mary_M , too.) It’s been a true pleasure!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2023, 07:49:08 PM »
Out with a bang! Or is it FLAME?! These are all fabulous! @Cyril Jayant - So charming! And you can’t help but smile while admiring it!
@K-2 - DANG! That Fire (and dragon) are well - FIRE!  :D
@AnasaziWrites - You should write a book from all your travels including your photos and calligraphy!
@tiffany.c.a - Way to pull it all together for a finale!
@Matthew H. - Wowza! Your Celtic is on fire! And what a beautiful one it is!

Thank you all so much for delighting us each and every day with your commitment, work, and sharing (@Lucie Y @Mary_M , too.) It’s been a true pleasure!

Erica said it all! This is great way to end Inktober, so much fire!!!

I am late again.  But I did receive my Ferris Wheel Ink and have gotten to play around with it. I am still taming it, but the effects of the ink are incredible (this one is Tumultuous tide). If a heavier flow of ink is used, you can get a lovely black outline of your letters. The variety of shades obtained is incredible.
And it's sparkly.

Now after a bit of playtime with the fancy ink,  I had to get back to work on my homework for the Fraktur class. Still figuring out the letter shapes!
I want to write the quote dear to my heart "Practice makes permanent" (or in full: practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent!").
I am happy I found a way to link the r and m (in the middle of the page), as I was struggling with getting proper spacing.

Anyway, enough rambling!

Night night everyone!
Oh crêpe!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2023, 11:13:03 AM »
Wow @Lucie Y - gorgeous! And that ink…my favorite color!!!  :-*
Warm Regards,