Author Topic: Seeking a Pen Pal For The End of the World  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Malinda L.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Seeking a Pen Pal For The End of the World
« on: December 02, 2016, 05:13:02 PM »
Update:  I have a pen pal!!! Thanks to all who volunteered (y'all are brave souls, indeed!)!

Hey, Y'all!

I'm looking for a pen pal for 2017 :-). I want a fun component to my Copperplate Calligraphy practice that will allow me to hold myself accountable and I think having a pen pal will be a great way to do this.  Before volunteering, please read my entire post, I want to make sure you know exactly what you're getting into ;)!

Here's what you need to know:

• When I first started learning calligraphy (you know when you're super excited and have no idea what you're doing?!), I had some awesome folks volunteer to be my pen pals (thank y'all, so much!). However, I was a crappy pen pal :-[ (I'm totally owning it).
  • This time around, I'd like to only have 1 pen pal (at least for the first part of the year. As my skill improves I may be able to add another). If any of my past pen pals are brave enough to volunteer again, I promise I'll do better.
  • If you end up being my pen pal for 2017, I will send you something every month. That means by the end of December next year, you will have 12 pieces of mail from me.
  • I'm open to having a pen pal from anywhere. I'm located in the United States, but enjoy interacting with people from everywhere.
  • I started learning calligraphy in 2015, but I still very much consider myself a newbie ;D. This year I really want to focus on my letterforms and technique. Here's a link to a photo of my card for the Halloween Exchange so that you can see what my writing currently looks like -  https://www.instagram.com/p/BMQGnRoh5Tz/.
  • Lastly, if you are my pen pal, you do not have to write me back (crazy I know!). I LOVE receiving beautiful mail and welcome it if you're willing and able to commit to that, in any capacity. But, as I stated before, I really just need a way to hold myself accountable while rewarding myself for being diligent in my daily practice. If you're not able to write back, just get excited about receiving calligramail every month!

After reading all that, if you're still interested, please respond here so folks know that someone has bravely accepted the offer to be my 2017 pen pal, and then send me a private message with your mailing address.

Thanks, y'all and enjoy your weekend!

Malinda
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 12:33:16 AM by Malinda L. »

Offline Empty_of_Clouds

• Seeker
    • View Profile
Re: Seeking a Pen Pal For The End of the World
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »
Hi Malinda,

I'm game!  I live in New Zealand, which sometimes feels like the end of the world (though it is really beautiful).  I am also a beginner at dip pen writing. If you are keen then I hope that your letters will inspire me to improve and respond in kind.

Let me know if you want my address, or if you already have a ready victim volunteer!

David

Offline fridzleah

• Live Laugh Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 10:58:44 PM »
I would love to... I also want to practice my writings ;)
~ freida
http://instagram.com/fridzleah
~ Sanguine Wanderer ~

Offline Malinda L.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 12:08:58 AM »
I just wanted to post an update. I have a pen pal!!! Thanks to all who volunteered (y'all are brave souls, indeed!)!

Malinda

Offline Christina Bouvia

• Freshman Member
  • Live your Life in Color
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 11:29:45 AM »
Hi Malinda,

I am in the states, NY state.  I practice copperplate/engrossers scrpt. I can send you some pictures of my work.  I am new to The Flourish Forum.  I too am looking for a pen pal. One letter a month sounds ideal for me as well, so I would plan to reply to your letters.

Let me know, I understand you're only looking for one.

Warm Regards,
Christina