Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Open Flourish | General Discussion / Re: Blooming Landscaping
« Last post by Erica McPhee on April 29, 2024, 12:38:21 PM »
Oh sooo gorgeous @AnasaziWrites !  Are those Eden roses? So pretty! We have a climbing rose bush we planted last year that is going up the water spout in the front of the house and it is full of buds but only one rose has bloomed so far. I can’t wait to see it in full bloom.

Those white fluffy peonies! I bet your backyard looks spectacular!
« Last post by AnasaziWrites on April 29, 2024, 11:30:36 AM »
Taken in the back yard this morning.

« Last post by Erica McPhee on April 28, 2024, 09:12:49 PM »
Thanks @TeresaS ! Daffodils are so happy! Wonderful to hear you’re enjoying some beautiful spring buds, too! :-*
« Last post by TeresaS on April 28, 2024, 04:08:22 PM »
So beautiful!!!  Our daffodils did great this year.  We are a little behind you weather wise. My peonies are up, but not ready to bloom yet.  The redbud trees are everywhere and in full glory right now. ( Although we don’t have one). Every day the tree leaves are opening more and more….every thing is so green right now!
Open Flourish | General Discussion / Blooming Landscaping
« Last post by Erica McPhee on April 28, 2024, 03:07:06 PM »
I have never been much of a Gardner. I love flowers and plants but somehow forget to take care of them. We planted new landscaping over a year ago and this is the first time it is blooming. It’s so exciting to see the new blossoms! And it’s almost care free! Anyone else have lots blossoming?
Tools & Supplies / Re: My Favorite Nibs for Pointed Pen
« Last post by Erica McPhee on April 28, 2024, 02:06:00 PM »
Nice! I have never seen this nib before. A similar thing happened to me. I was rummaging around in my nib drawers and found a random silver Esterbrook that I had never used and had no idea where it came from. So I threw it in my pen and lo and behold, it was not only a GREAT nib with excellent balance between shades, hairlines, and control, but also seemed to last FOREVER! Sadly, it got thrown away before I could find out the number on it.  :-\
Tools & Supplies / Re: My Favorite Nibs for Pointed Pen
« Last post by Vintage_BE on April 28, 2024, 07:34:39 AM »
We are blessed to have the https://www.vintage-nibs.com/ site here in Europe.  I bought a selection of vintage nibs through that site, including the 2552 cementée and the Perry 27. Very fine and flexible indeed, and much more difficult to control than the Zebra G and the Nikko G. I use the 2552 mostly for Copperplate practice (because all downstrokes are executed with pressure, that makes it easier to control the nib). My favorite vintage nib, though, is one that my mum found lying around in a drawer. She gave it to me thinking that I would throw it out; it was badly stained with black ink residue, which after lots of (gently) rubbing I managed to partially remove.  The nib is  marked “Manufacture belge, Floreffe”. From what I could find on the web (http://lescockersdemaryse.centerblog.net/m/8153-plumerie) this was a small nib manufacturing plant that operated between 1907 and 1930. The 120 model that I am using is just as fine and flexible as the 2552 but (in my neophyte hand) feels easier to control. Too bad that I have just one of these… I am hoping that with TLC it will last me another while, until I have reached the level at which I can get crisp and steady lines out of the 2552.
Broad Edge Pen Calligraphy / Re: Recipe for a long life
« Last post by Erica McPhee on April 27, 2024, 11:04:45 AM »
This is my creed.  ;D
Spencerian Script / Re: Spencerian letter
« Last post by Erica McPhee on April 27, 2024, 11:04:22 AM »
Love it! And so true, right? Sometimes there isn’t anything that could pull me away from my calligraphy table. And other days, I have to make myself practice a bit.  :)
Spencerian Script / Re: Spencerian letter
« Last post by Zivio on April 27, 2024, 12:18:28 AM »
This is great! I love your creativity.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10