Author Topic: A Jealousy Broad Pen  (Read 727 times)

Offline Alex2131

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
A Jealousy Broad Pen
« on: September 25, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »
This is the story of a silly Broad Pen wanting to create letters like their cousin nibs Spencerian and Copperplate, well this is what happens when you turn off the lights, the art room is all alone and suddenly when nobody is watching...  it comes to life :)

I know you love more that story but what really happened was that I saw a letter P from Ken which I really liked and I decided to have some fun trying to replicate those exquisite strokes but with an Osmiroid Broad nib and a little help of a pen for the fine strokes. I hope someday practice the right way.

Enjoy!

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
Re: A Jealousy Broad Pen
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 06:31:17 PM »
Very nice flourished "A".
Fun to see what happens if. . .

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 01:42:36 AM »
This is magic work :)
Keep having the fun.  Love to see more of your work. 

-Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

ash0kgiri

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 07:02:04 AM »
Hahaha. Nice title and equally nice presentation. Loved the thought of letters not been just letters but characters. See if you can build on this and waiting to see what could 'B' be... :D

During my college days I had come across a lettering book (Sorry cant remember the name) but it was a plot of individual letters playing some character in a crime scene. It was done so nicely that you feel like you are reading a thriller book.

Have fun,
-Ashok

Offline Alex2131

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 11:18:15 PM »
Thank you all for your nice comments! This are the things that gets one in "trouble" now there is this friend who wants her name just like that, obviously I didn't mention it took me long hours and a gazillion of practice sheets filled with A's to get this one done, but a nice way to force me to practice nonetheless. :) Thanks again