Author Topic: Share your milestones!  (Read 1324 times)

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Share your milestones!
« on: November 23, 2016, 05:37:19 AM »
Hi everyone!

I think there was an old thread like this somewhere (maybe I even opened it ...) but I can't find it.
SO ... what recent calligra-milestones have you reached?

I'm proud to share my latest achievement: I can now listen to music WITH LYRICS while writing simple repetitive lines. YAY!! Before today, I made mistakes all the time when writing and listening to something with lyrics, so doing client work while listening was out of the question. But now ... ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!!

How about you?
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline Elizgadus59

• I LOVE LETTERS!!!
    • View Profile
    • Elizscriptscalligraphy
Re: Share your milestones!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 03:57:14 PM »
I laughed because your issue  with music w/ lyrics , I too made mistakes... so now I listen to Latin guitar  and all is well. But my milestone is that I write much better in the evening then in the day... If I have a large order I simply do some in morning then later in the day I do more.... with or without a samba...lol.

Offline Rednaxela

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 08:05:18 AM »
Last week I finally found out how to write a Spencerian ascender loop. Something I thought I would never learn. I filled pages and pages full of l's and h's, but it was always a bit hit and miss. Then all of a sudden something 'clicked', and now I feel at least I have some control over how the loop will come out.

Another recent mini-breakthrough occurred when I tried to write with white waterpaint on black cardstock. I was amazed at the hairlines I was able to achieve. It taught me that my touch was perhaps lighter than I thought, and that it is getting time to switch from fountain pen ink to something more suited for pointed pen calligraphy.

Hope these are the kind of milestones you'd like to be shared here.
-- Alexander --

Offline Scarlet Blue

• I do joined up writing.
    • View Profile
    • Wonky Words
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 11:44:05 AM »
My lettering has turned up at Goodwood! Apparently it is on the restaurant sign as well!

https://www.goodwood.com/estate/farmer-butcher-chef/

I am only responsible for 'Farmer' nothing else.

Pity that I'll never be able to afford to eat there ;D But I am kind of chuffed about it.