General Categories > Letter Pixels

Any Squarespace users?

(1/2) > >>

bluestockingpen:
About a year ago, I transitioned my calligraphy site from Wordpress to Squarespace. (My site is www.bluestockingpen.com.) On the whole, I've been quite happy with Squarespace, although some things about it are not quite as intuitive. Squarespace is designed with the visual artist in mind, and presumes that you have zero coding knowledge, but sometimes, I've found that's what makes it cryptic.

Does anyone else here use Squarespace for their site? If so, are there certain tips or tricks that you've picked up along the way?

Alexiz:
I used squarespace to build my portfolio site and I felt it was pretty easy to get through. (That is once I figured out how to use it). lol. Took me a few days to try to learn my way around it, but you are right, there are some things that aren't so intuivite. What I found most helpful to customize the site more to what you want, is to get into the style editor and go crazy. You can get pretty customized in there with typefaces and how copy blocks lay out in the page. Anything else that I cant figure out how to do, I look in google or in the message boards to see if it can be done. Are there any things in particular you've been stuck on or trying to figure out?

schin:
I spent a week setting up my website using squarespace: http://openinkstand.com

At first I was confused, but after a few hours of fooling around, it's very intuitive. As yes it's geared more towards artists and there is not much options for customizing, but the templates are quite beautiful and I don't find that I need to customize much. Probably doesn't work if you want something really extremely fancy and personalized though.. and I am using this template as a temporary thing until I can afford to have a pro web designer do my site..

The big drawback is they don't take paypal!!! They use Stripe instead.. not bad in itself but CMON! If they take paypal then it would be 5 solid stars from me!

Emily:
Hmm, I currently use Wordpress and want to update my theme (I need to totally revamp my portfolio selections, too). But I've heard about Squarespace and wondered if it would work better for me... maybe I'll give it a shot.

JanisTX:
@Schin:   PM me & I'll give you my Internet guy's particulars!!  He's great & easy to work with!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version