Author Topic: Favorite Practice Paper  (Read 123504 times)

Offline charys

• View Profile
Re: Favorite Practice Paper
« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2015, 02:34:12 PM »
Hi all,
I found this good price for HP Premium Choice Laser paper ($11.99/ream - must buy 2 reams)through Costco for any of you who have memberships.  The membership fee is $55.00 for a year including family members. 

http://www.costco.com//.product.11131827.html?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default
Rocio

Offline Fay

• Freshman Member
  • Start: January 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2015, 05:15:47 PM »
Hi all,
I found this good price for HP Premium Choice Laser paper ($11.99/ream - must buy 2 reams)through Costco for any of you who have memberships.  The membership fee is $55.00 for a year including family members. 

http://www.costco.com//.product.11131827.html?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default

Hey Charys,

If you go to the my post on the previous page and click the link, you'll find a cheaper option for $10.88 and free shipping above $45. They used to have it on sale for about a dollar cheaper but they've raised the price since that post. :)
Instagram: @faylligraphy

Offline charys

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »
Thanks so much, Fay.  I had seen that and was thinking about anyone who might want fewer reams.  But yes, that is a great price!
Rocio

Offline LauraMB

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • The Sweet Life of an Accidental Photographer
« Reply #168 on: April 22, 2015, 12:14:29 AM »
Just wanted to put this here in case you aren't watching the tutorials but wondered!  :D

HP Premium Choice Laser ($17/500 sheets)

I also like

HP Bright White Inkjet ($12/500 sheets) - Not quite as smooth but seems to work fine without snagging or skips.

Would like to hear if other's enjoy any others!

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been using Rhodia Dot pads for practice but because of the cost I'm not practicing as much as I'd like and when I do I'm cramming every sheet (front and back) with as much writing as I can.  Not the best set up for practice. I've also used tracing paper but I hate how the ink just pools up on it. This is a great solution for my desire to practice more often!  I knew joining this forum was a good move!
"The desire to write grows with writing." ~Erasmus

https://instagram.com/lolafalola/

Offline jolinetorres

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2015, 07:21:38 AM »
Rhodia dot pads for practice! :)

In the Philippines, I buy Bevania white paper for drafts.

Hi thedesignhobbyist,

Where do you purchase your Bevania white paper? :)

Offline thelelmom

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2015, 07:10:01 AM »
My favorites are the Muji dotted notebooks and Rhodia Dot Pads. We also have local sellers here in Manila whose products are really great! Calligrapads are nice and smooth, thefozzybook's The Notebook of Infinite Patience has nice guidelines (?) for practice too, and I love the ivory paper. Will also try Swirls and Strokes' dotted pads soon  :)
Ian (ah-yan)
wife. homeschooling mom. wahm. cat woman. lover of pretty things
My Instagram

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2015, 08:17:56 PM »
Is it totally mad that I want to travel to Manila just to buy Calligrapads and Fozzy's notebook?  It's just so hard for shipping ... and they look so nice ... and I need a holiday ...

Offline Sandeeee

• Never stop learning. Never stop writing.
    • View Profile
    • Sandeegraphy
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2015, 09:03:01 PM »
I love muji notebooks and calligrapads too! I love the paper! 😍
Sandee Suan - sandeegraphy.wordpress.com
"Never stop learning. Never stop feeling. Never stop writing."
@sandeegraphy

Offline ria_inxpensieve

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2015, 12:21:36 AM »
Is it totally mad that I want to travel to Manila just to buy Calligrapads and Fozzy's notebook?  It's just so hard for shipping ... and they look so nice ... and I need a holiday ...

It's a completely valid idea, Moya! I was going to gush about the Calligrapads too. I haven't tried the HP paper, but Gail's pads are extremely smooth. Calligrapad + vermillion sumi = heaven.

Offline Sanbearz

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2015, 07:54:32 PM »
hi there!

I just posted this on the graph paper subject, but it applies here, too. these pads from Japan have an angelic finish that I am addicted to. really smooth, available in many sized pads lined,McGrath and plain. super clean black poly cover make them great for withstanding travel.

http://www.jetpens.com/Maruman-Mnemosyne-Notebooks/ct/765

enjoy! 😊

I'm a big fan of the Mnemosyne notebooks! And the best part is that it's accessible here in Singapore so I don't need to purchase them online.

I also like using the Maruman Report Pad for practice. And I have a couple of Muji dotted notebooks handy for when I'm out of the house.
Hey lemon passion,
Where did you purchase Mnemosyne notepads in SG? And do you mind sharing  what normal practise paper do you recommend that can be purchased in SG? Have you tried paper one and fabriano papers before?

Offline lemonpassion

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2015, 10:16:32 PM »
Hey lemon passion,
Where did you purchase Mnemosyne notepads in SG? And do you mind sharing  what normal practise paper do you recommend that can be purchased in SG? Have you tried paper one and fabriano papers before?

Hey Sanbearz. Stationery Superstore and Kinokuniya Taka stock Mnemosyne pads. I've used PaperOne Digital before but not Fabriano. I quite like the smoothness of Digital. Nowadays, I use Rhodia pads for practice (available in Overjoyed).

During our last holiday in the Philippines, I tried to get as many pads as I possibly can (Fozzy's, Calligrapads, Swirls & Strokes' and Scribble Pads). I think I may have a problem.
Hi, I'm Mapet!
Instagram! | Flickr

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2015, 06:39:50 AM »
Just a bit of silliness this: Bureau Direct have recently launched a dedicated Rhodia site which includes a sort of personality test aimed at establishing which notebook is just right for you.  Apparently in my case it's a #14 graph pad, which is way off beam.  Anyway, for those with a taste for this sort of thing, here it is.  It'll only take you a minute, if that.  :)

Offline Olive & Reid

• Supporting calligraphy in the UK
    • View Profile
    • Olive and Reid Studio
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2015, 06:48:25 AM »
I'm a no.18 lined, Andy, apparently...  :P

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2015, 05:19:45 PM »
Ha!  Im a perfectionist with an adventurous streak!  Rhodia No 8 lined orange pad. 

Offline StudioApricity

• Hello :)
    • View Profile
    • Studio Apricity
« Reply #179 on: June 02, 2015, 11:21:32 AM »
Just a bit of silliness this: Bureau Direct have recently launched a dedicated Rhodia site which includes a sort of personality test aimed at establishing which notebook is just right for you.  Apparently in my case it's a #14 graph pad, which is way off beam.  Anyway, for those with a taste for this sort of thing, here it is.  It'll only take you a minute, if that.  :)

That was fun! Thanks Andy :)
Apparently, I'm a No. 12 Lined Black Pad. :3
[♥] Dyan

Instagram