Author Topic: National Stationery Show - NYC  (Read 5438 times)

Offline Fay

• Freshman Member
  • Start: January 2015
    • View Profile
Re: National Stationery Show - NYC
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 02:07:52 AM »
Just wanted to bring this up again since it's so close - I really do want to go for this event on Sunday but I'm wondering if I can get in if I'm not a buyer or seller?

I am even considering the possibility of making a friend onsite and asking if I can pass off as their 13 year old daughter since children under 14 are allowed but must be accompanied by a registered person.  :P

Does anyone know? It seems like an incredible event I really do want to have a glimpse of stationery heaven!!
Instagram: @faylligraphy

Offline rebeccasinnen

• View Profile
    • Hadassah Calligraphy
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 12:13:02 PM »
I don't know much about it either, but the Invitations store that I calligraph for is going. They are so over the top excited that it must be an awesome experience.

Offline ExtrasbyAlaina

• View Profile
    • Extras by Alaina
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 12:35:26 PM »
I too have never been, but would love to attend. I looked on their website and if you're not a vendor or a buyer you can only attend as a "non-exhibiting artist" - which is $500-$600. In my dreams I have that much extra money, does that count?

Offline idrawletters

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 02:53:27 AM »
Eeek I only just saw this thread.

I walked the show on Monday and was really bummed to miss the Paper Party that was held on Tuesday as I was out of town! I went last year as well as a non-exhibitor. It's a ton of fun and just full of inspiration! It's also super useful as I'm always able to meet new vendors, printers and suppliers for my own business. I was given a pass by a friend who was exhibiting and had a spare one designated for assistants/employees of exhibitors that she didn't need so I got to use it for a day.

If you're able to connect with someone between now and next year I recommend it as a (sneaky) "free" way to go! A lot of the exhibitors need help with set-up and take-down of their booths and will happily trade a pass for a day for assistance. :)

NYC / HKG
Instagram @idrawletters

Offline ExtrasbyAlaina

• View Profile
    • Extras by Alaina
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 10:08:56 AM »
@idrawletters Fantastic advice!! Thanks so much for sharing that tidbit of insider info! <3 <3 <3

Offline Fay

• Freshman Member
  • Start: January 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 10:29:34 AM »
@idrawletters I wish I had known that earlier!! I would have thrown myself at all these geniuses in exchange for a pass to the event.....  :'(
Instagram: @faylligraphy