Author Topic: Is it Really Free?  (Read 34977 times)

Offline RoseliGomes

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Really Free?
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2020, 11:30:30 AM »
<3  8-)***

Offline paulette8

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2024, 01:21:49 PM »
Good insight, Erica.
Personally, I do calligraphy because I absolutely love letters, papers, and pens. Please don't ask me why, LOL! I don't plan to make it into a business because (for me) it will take the fun so any open source is helpful. However, I do see your point and I am fine with it.
Paulette

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2024, 08:12:17 PM »
I love letters, too! I often wonder why I love them so much and I can't ever come to a final conclusion.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2024, 08:27:48 AM »
I am revisiting this thread and say hello to everyone who joins this conversation and give a big themb up to @Erica McPhee again for this heartfelt share she  offer for the Calligraphy community .
THANK YOU ERICA  :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 08:25:42 AM by Cyril Jayant »

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2024, 06:47:05 PM »
Thank you @Cyril Jayant ! I appreciate that!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline marilyns

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2024, 08:53:20 PM »
Thank you Erica.  I'm sure it takes a good deal of time to keep up with all the work involved in keeping the forum moving in a positive and helpful direction.

Offline Mark T

• No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2024, 04:33:18 PM »
I'm taking an hour or so break from writing envelopes and decided to read a couple of threads that I haven't read before.
I wish I hadn't opened this thread.
I've been wiping my eyes for the past 10 minutes and I have only managed to read upto the beginning of page four.
I'd like to blame smoke in my eyes, but I don't smoke. (I spose I could blame the wifes cooking, but we had salad for tea).
Nope, they are man tears and I'm not worried to admit it.
Such pain and truth in near equal measure.
Life can be such a ******* at times, but shoulders are broad on 'chosen' ones.
As for the learning of calligraphy,... we have to learn at our own pace, or at least, I do. I only wish I knew about this forum earlier, but then, as it goes, life and other things took my time, but I am so, so glad I found it when I did.
There is an old saying over here in the UK, and I'll share it later. It sums up my true feelings.
From a personal perspective -
I struggle with my calligraphy practice, but I do try to put in at least a couple of hours practice daily if I can, which, being totally honest, is probably an hour longer than I used to do prior to joining this website. I used to collect fountain pens, and was a member of a really nice fountain pen forum with a lot of very nice people, but due to being bullied by a few arsehats (I'd pay a few quid to see them treat me in real life the way they did when they were sat behind a computer monitor  ;D ;D ;D), I left shortly before finding this forum. My gain, there loss.
I have learnt so much in such a short time. I feel blessed to have seen such beauty in peoples writings and flourishing. I have laughed at many posts here...... and every bit of it is free.
Would I put my hand in my pocket and pay for the site? In a heartbeat!
Long may the enjoyment continue.
Thank you Erica for all your hard work, and thank you to the members that make this forum what it is.

Oh, and the saying,...... ermmmm.....
Tiz ok, I'll clean it up  ;D
"I'm as happy here as a pig in ****" (insert smelly word).
Laughter is definitely the best medicine, but Wolves destroying WBA runs laughter close, and the Yankees winning the World Series is ................ laughter is the best medicine, remember?

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2024, 06:48:06 PM »
Thank you so much @Mark T ! We have such a kind and thoughtful group of folks here at Flourish. I am so sorry to read about what happened at the other forum (but it does not surprise me). I’ve worked really hard over the years to keep this a happy, friendly environment where ALL feel welcome!

It makes me feel so good to hear Flourish is encouraging your practice and taking you to the next level. That was always my only hope for members - to learn, thrive, and love letters.

We like to say in Maine, “Happy as a clam at high tide!” Same sentiment!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Garima

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2024, 02:54:42 AM »
Returning to the forum after a hiatus, your heartfelt post was the first thing that greeted me Erica, and it touched my soul!
As you've navigated through joy, heartache, and unforeseen challenges, your resilience shines through.

This space has always been a haven where enthusiasts like me, wrestling with time constraints, congregated, learnt, and shared in the enchantment of letters. And should the day come when this space transitions to a paid model, I believe, many would pay without thinking twice.

Thank you for creating a haven that feels like a comforting embrace, even after prolonged absence. Here's to wishing you a future filled with warmth, continued growth, and the same generosity that has touched our hearts and to the heartfelt and thriving future of Calligraphy Land!
Garima Singh
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2024, 12:36:38 PM »
It’s so nice to see you here again @Garima ! I hope you are doing well! And thank you for such a very kind sentiment. It warms my heart.  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline lizt2

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2024, 05:23:25 PM »
Hi Erica

A heartfelt "thank you" for this place that calligrapher's can meet and discuss the thing we all love doing.  How you managed to do this with all you have had to do and continue to do is nothing short of inspirational.   I really appreciate it.  I haven't been here for awhile because I had to take time away from calligraphy to do some things that are not fun, but necessary.   I was so pleased that I could just log in even though I haven't been here since the beginning of the pandemic. 

There is a treasure trove of expertise here.  Thanks again for making it possible.

Liz T

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2024, 05:36:09 PM »
Thank you Liz! I love hearing this. And I’m so happy to see you back at calligraphy and here at Flourish!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Knottyewe

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2024, 12:25:43 AM »
Hi Erica,

This is Loan and I just joined. I was the lucky recipient of your Christmas card last year and it is on my inspirational wall.

I just read your introductory bio and I’m sadden to hear so much tribulations have happened to you. Thank you for sharing your difficulties, and I appreciate you and respect you even more.

I don’t post in Instagram but I follow many calligraphers. I’m glad to find this safe space away from social media.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2024, 01:31:37 PM »
That is so kind of you Loan! And I’m happy to see you here at Flourish!  :-*

Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop