Author Topic: Wide Lined Paper for Spencerian?  (Read 5828 times)

Offline tmtcalligraphy

• View Profile
Wide Lined Paper for Spencerian?
« on: May 23, 2016, 04:16:39 PM »
I am looking for some Quality Wide Ruled/Lined Paper for my Spencerian Correspondence....that Ink Won't Feather....   I Love Rhodia paper but I want the lines to be further apart.  I'd also Love it if the paper were off-white...antique looking.  I know its out there as I have received a letter written on Exactly what I'd like.. but haven't been able to find out what it is.....  Any Suggestions??  I'm thinking this came off of a Fine Writing Pad... but I don't know.

Offline KrzysiekS

• View Profile
Re: Wide Lined Paper for Spencerian?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 04:58:07 PM »
I use A4 Rhodia pad with blank ecru pages 90gsm, it is translucent enough to use guide sheet without lightbox.

The only problem with it is page size, pad is A4, which means that detached page is smaller than A4.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:00:17 PM by KrzysiekS »

Offline tmtcalligraphy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 05:01:56 PM »
Thanks!! I'll check that out too :)
I use A4 Rhodia pad with blank ecru pages 90gsm, it is translucent enough to use guide sheet without lightbox.

The only problem with it is page size, pad is A4, which means that detached page is smaller than A4.

Offline Inkysloth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 05:35:07 PM »

Rhodia make an A4+ pad, slightly longer than A4 with the perforations taking it down to A4.

https://www.bureaudirect.co.uk/rhodia-a4-punched-pads-no-20-and-no-119/p2443

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:00:02 PM »

That's what I'd suggest: Rhodia "R" (marketed as Premium in the US), size #19.  Nice pale cream colour and exceptionally pleasant to write on.  Alternatively loose Conqueror paper in cream, vellum, oyster or pearl.  And a guide sheet.  :)

Offline himasf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:35:53 AM »
I customize regular and ivory Rhodia R paper with inkjet printed light blue rules. I make blank .pdfs with just the lines from an online generator. This way I have complete control of the spacing, color and even the margins (I don't like when rules go edge to edge). td;dr:I'm a control freak so I print my own lines. ;D

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 09:18:22 PM »
There is the new Strathmore Writing pad that comes unlined or lined (dotted lines). The JNB catalog labels the color as "natural white". Paper & Ink Arts has it too. Has anyone tried it yet?

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »
I customize regular and ivory Rhodia R paper with inkjet printed light blue rules. I make blank .pdfs with just the lines from an online generator. This way I have complete control of the spacing, color and even the margins (I don't like when rules go edge to edge). td;dr:I'm a control freak so I print my own lines. ;D
This is a good idea.
I also like wider spaced lines and lines that don't go to the edges.
No need for a line generator, though, if you have a photo program (I use photoimpression usually, for its simplicity, but photoshop works as well).
Simply scan a lined paper, paste it on a blank jpeg, adjusting the size of the scanned, lined paper to whatever size you want, print the finished lined paper, complete with top and side margins.

Offline tmtcalligraphy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 02:44:51 PM »
Oh!!! Cool!! James.... Is this what you did for the letter you sent me?? That letter is what prompted my post!!LOL!!  What line generator do you use?? If I may ask??

Offline himasf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 11:46:22 PM »
Oh!!! Cool!! James.... Is this what you did for the letter you sent me?? That letter is what prompted my post!!LOL!!  What line generator do you use?? If I may ask??

I figured as much! I used the one on http://shipbrook.net/guidelines/. But if the watermark bothers you here's the pdf with just the blue lines. They are close to 1.5 cm apart and there is a ~1 cm margin on both sides. There's enough room for ornate caps and tall ascenders. I use it on Rhodia No.18 pad paper.

If only there was black paper with lines that widely spaced.  :'(

Offline tmtcalligraphy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 12:24:00 AM »
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D

I figured as much! I used the one on http://shipbrook.net/guidelines/. But if the watermark bothers you here's the pdf with just the blue lines. They are close to 1.5 cm apart and there is a ~1 cm margin on both sides. There's enough room for ornate caps and tall ascenders. I use it on Rhodia No.18 pad paper.

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 07:09:05 AM »

You must know, you can print on black paper with a laser printer and even black toner keeps visible over the paper!
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2016, 09:21:16 AM »

You must know, you can print on black paper with a laser printer and even black toner keeps visible over the paper!
Same with an inkjet printer.

Offline himasf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2016, 11:09:15 AM »
Same with an inkjet printer.

Have you tried this? I tried printing that guidelines pdf just now on black paper with my inkjet and it did not work at all. I mean, it probably deposited some ink but it's completely undetectable.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D

Welcome!

Offline tmtcalligraphy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2016, 11:17:10 AM »

Just ordered some plain regular Rhodia paper. I haven't found the Rhodia R that's Not Lined? Or the Ivory... Which is what I Really want!! Where did you get yours?... If I may ask :) :) and THANK YOU Again!!! I Love Love LOVE these Lines!!!!