Author Topic: What a wonderful first exchange!  (Read 674 times)

Offline LondonLaura

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
What a wonderful first exchange!
« on: September 14, 2021, 08:17:15 AM »
Hello

This is the first time I’ve posted and the first time I’ve participated in an exchange. Thank you so much to Erica for organising.

I’ve just picked up from my doormat (on a very miserable rainy day in London) my first exchange envelope. Wow! I’m blown away by the quality and by the thoughtfulness. It’s a really wonderful thing that a complete stranger from across the world has taken the time and trouble to send me such a thing of beauty.

I’d like the contact the person who sent it via this board to thank them if possible but a search of members doesn’t bring them up by name so I’m hoping that Nicole in Austin Texas will know who she is and know how much I appreciate her artistry and kindness.

Much love from London, UK!

Laura

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: What a wonderful first exchange!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 12:57:35 PM »
Hi Laura,
What a wonderful first post. If you look on your list, the person’s Flourish Forum username is at the top of their address. You can use this to send a direct message on the forum to thank them if you’d like.

Hope you will receive mine soon!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline new2flourish

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 01:03:10 PM »
I was about to say the same thing as Erica--I have a hunch that I know which Nicole in Austin it was ( @nicole.t ) since she and I are penpals, and her calligraphy is exceptional.  Hopefully this will allow you two to connect!

Best,
Robert

Offline nicole.t

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 01:35:36 PM »
Y’all are making me blush! I’m glad you enjoyed the card, Laura and the note you left in my messages made my day!

I’ve been working hard to improve my letter forms so all of your compliments are very encouraging :)

Best,
Nicole

Offline LondonLaura

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 06:07:27 PM »
Thanks everyone for explaining how I can work out who is who. I’ve already signed up for my next exchange - can’t wait! And Erica, I’m very honoured to have been matched with you in my first exchange. It’s like calligraphy royalty...

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 03:08:18 PM »
That is so kind! Thank you!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop