Author Topic: DAY 28 - 2022: CAMPING  (Read 886 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
DAY 28 - 2022: CAMPING
« on: October 28, 2022, 10:18:54 AM »
I’m happy that after spending many a week camping with three children, this is the closest I have been to camping in a very long time.   ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
Re: DAY 28 - 2022: CAMPING
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2022, 10:37:49 AM »
Lovely  scripts beautifully done, And again the marshmallow BBQ gives a real fun too
Welldone Erica!!  ;D

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2022, 11:13:17 AM »
in Montana last month.

Micron 1 pen and marker.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 01:44:09 PM »
Thanks so much @Cyril Jayant ! @AnasaziWrites  LOVE the photo and fabulous hand lettering!!!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 07:09:18 PM »
Hi friends!
I've been missing out because I have many a time fallen asleep in random places in the house, at random hours. However, I have been enjoying your posts and was impatient to come back!

No practice sometimes means more reflection on how to practice.
I have decided to come back to copperplate but this time being less constipated not trying so so hard to do it right, and matching the exemplars exactly, but trusting myself to achieve harmony and actually enjoying the process.
I realize that with Copperplate I constantly beat myself up, and I think it's creating a mental block. Interestingly, I don't feel that block with French Roundhand, or with drawing vines.

This is a wee catch up with no warm up, but it felt much nicer and much more instructive than my previous sessions. Yay for a new season in Copperplate for me!
Thanks for reading  :-*

@Erica McPhee Camping with three kids heh, that's self-denial all right! I love how you have added drawings to your calligraphy, very cheerful!
@AnasaziWrites looking chill! :D

Have a nice rest of your October 28th, here it is already October 29th :)
See you tomorrow(ish)!  ;)
Oh crêpe!

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2022, 07:36:24 PM »
Lucie, so glad you feel better about your approach. Happy scribing!

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2022, 08:51:01 PM »
Welcome back, @Lucie Y -- Your copperplate is so lovely!  It's great to hear that you're feeling more free with it.  I have a huge complex about mine too, where it just never seems good enough.

Thank you so much for your good thoughts about my herring, @Erica McPhee and @AnasaziWrites -- Fish might be one of my favorite creatures to draw!  My dad and my uncles were all avid members of the Long Beach Anglers, so we all spent a lot of time on boats.  Living in Minnesota now, I miss the ocean, even though we have a sea-sized lake.  When my kids were small, we spent a lot of time at the Great Lakes Aquarium, drawing pictures of the fish together.

We also spent a lot of time camping together when they were Boy Scouts - the High Adventure camp at Okpik was the favorite.  Last time we were up there we got to go dog sledding and ice fishing, and the boys slept in quinzees they built.  Good times!

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2022, 11:20:18 PM »
K-2 - the herring and today’s creature are both great renderings. And the background works so well.

Offline InkyFingers

• All creations not equal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2022, 01:14:30 AM »
My wife's idea of

My idea of

when we were in Alaska

« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 10:46:47 AM by InkyFingers »

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2022, 05:24:59 AM »
Inky, that’s hilarious. And beautiful writing.

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2022, 10:40:59 AM »
Hello all! Visiting hometown, erstwhile coworkers, daughters, grandkids, siblings …

It will go quickly and hasn’t left time to contribute anything, but I wanted to let you know I do try to lurk here when I can. I have so much admiration for what I’m seeing and so many positive things to say!

Since Inky brought it up, here’s my ideal camping.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 10:42:56 AM by Zivio »
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2022, 12:11:04 PM »
This thread has brought so many smiles to my face today! @Lucie Y - I laughed out loud at your post. I remember those days (falling asleep where ever I happened to land). You can see the fluidity in your Copperplate! A true milestone!

@K-2 - That mosquito is exquisite if that is possible.  ;D

@InkyFingers - I would like either as long as the second one has no spiders. I wouldn’t mind sharing with a mouse or squirrel though.  :)

@Zivio - Love, love, love this portrait!

I also want to take a minute to thank and recognize @tiffany.c.a for her continued support, encouragement, and kind words for everyone’s work. Your feedback has been a beautiful contribution to our Inktober.  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2022, 12:54:26 PM »
My wife's idea of

My idea of

when we were in Alaska

in Montana last month.

Micron 1 pen and marker.

Thank you guys !!! :D ..  for your excellent  masterpieces !!

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2022, 01:01:21 PM »
in Montana last month.

Micron 1 pen and marker.

This thread has brought so many smiles to my face today! @Lucie Y - I laughed out loud at your post. I remember those days (falling asleep where ever I happened to land). You can see the fluidity in your Copperplate! A true milestone!

@K-2 - That mosquito is exquisite if that is possible.  ;D

@InkyFingers - I would like either as long as the second one has no spiders. I wouldn’t mind sharing with a mouse or squirrel though.  :)

@Zivio - Love, love, love this portrait!

I also want to take a minute to thank and recognize @tiffany.c.a for her continued support, encouragement, and kind words for everyone’s work. Your feedback has been a beautiful contribution to our Inktober.  :-*
Welcome back, @Lucie Y -- Your copperplate is so lovely!  It's great to hear that you're feeling more free with it.  I have a huge complex about mine too, where it just never seems good enough.

Thank you so much for your good thoughts about my herring, @Erica McPhee and @AnasaziWrites -- Fish might be one of my favorite creatures to draw!  My dad and my uncles were all avid members of the Long Beach Anglers, so we all spent a lot of time on boats.  Living in Minnesota now, I miss the ocean, even though we have a sea-sized lake.  When my kids were small, we spent a lot of time at the Great Lakes Aquarium, drawing pictures of the fish together.

We also spent a lot of time camping together when they were Boy Scouts - the High Adventure camp at Okpik was the favorite.  Last time we were up there we got to go dog sledding and ice fishing, and the boys slept in quinzees they built.  Good times!

Hi friends!
I've been missing out because I have many a time fallen asleep in random places in the house, at random hours. However, I have been enjoying your posts and was impatient to come back!

No practice sometimes means more reflection on how to practice.
I have decided to come back to copperplate but this time being less constipated not trying so so hard to do it right, and matching the exemplars exactly, but trusting myself to achieve harmony and actually enjoying the process.

Hello all! Visiting hometown, erstwhile coworkers, daughters, grandkids, siblings …

It will go quickly and hasn’t left time to contribute anything, but I wanted to let you know I do try to lurk here when I can. I have so much admiration for what I’m seeing and so many positive things to say!
Thank you once again to you all >>> CHEERS!!!

Since Inky brought it up, here’s my ideal camping.
I realize that with Copperplate I constantly beat myself up, and I think it's creating a mental block. Interestingly, I don't feel that block with French Roundhand, or with drawing vines.

This is a wee catch up with no warm up, but it felt much nicer and much more instructive than my previous sessions. Yay for a new season in Copperplate for me!
Thanks for reading  :-*

@Erica McPhee Camping with three kids heh, that's self-denial all right! I love how you have added drawings to your calligraphy, very cheerful!
@AnasaziWrites looking chill! :D

Have a nice rest of your October 28th, here it is already October 29th :)
See you tomorrow(ish)!  ;)
in Montana last month.

Micron 1 pen and marker.

I edit, I missed here my comments!!! ( I am not very familiar  to add Multiple Quotes  in this forum format . So I am learning )

Thank you guys for all of your fabulous ideas and photography and mastered writing.
Cheers from London !!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 12:38:18 PM by Cyril Jayant »

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2022, 03:08:15 PM »

@K-2
 and no mosquitos. Good one. You're not sneaking in some green inkvent ink, now are you?