Author Topic: Hello from Florida!  (Read 729 times)

Offline Danielle.Elyce

• View Profile
Hello from Florida!
« on: April 04, 2019, 11:34:43 AM »
This is my brief (at the tail- end of a toddler nap ;) ) hello from the Orlando-area! Quick little calligra-bio: I have always loved putting pen to paper, won cursive awards in grade school, enjoyed journaling, etc. For a long time I wanted to learn copperplate specifically. I find it to be so classically beautiful.  I discovered my local calligraphy guild, joined up straight away and they happened to be offering a copperplate workshop around that time. I enjoyed the workshop immensely and have been practicing intermittently since then. Now I am just trying to make letterforms I am pleased with, get rid of those squiggly hairlines (!!) perhaps branch out to more contemporary letterforms, and get better at flourishing! :)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Florida!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 08:49:40 AM »
Hi Danielle,
(waves from southwest side of Florida)! So happy to see you here on Flourish! I hope your Copperplate journey is going well. We have lots of tutorials on a variety of pointed pen techniques. Let us know if you have any questions! Welcome!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline KacyBG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »
Welcome, Danielle!
My sons are both grown, but I remember cherishing nap times and the chance to unwind with a favorite (quiet) hobby! Hope you enjoy the Forum--so much wonderful information, and awesome teachers, available here!

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 12:34:56 PM »
Danielle - welcome to the forum!