Author Topic: The Zen of Zentangles... a bit off-topic  (Read 3760 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
The Zen of Zentangles... a bit off-topic
« on: January 21, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »
OK, here goes ... this is why I think so many people enjoy zentangles.

The human body is made up of two parts - the physical copy and the energy copy. The energy copy is what keeps us alive, without it, there is just a body. Another word for this energy is vibration. We are all a unique vibration.

Everything has its own vibration. In homeopathy, we call this the "vital force." Homeopathy is also known as energy medicine or vibrational medicine. The remedy (the medicine) is actually the energy or vibration of whatever substance is used to create it. This can be a mineral, plant, or animal or human milk.

Nikola Tesla was an inventor, engineer, and physicist in the mid-1800s to 1900s. He invented a "vibration board." He discovered certain vibrations could cause physical symptoms in the body. His good friend Mark Twain also discovered this one day when playing on the board he suddenly developed diarrhea! What Tesla didn't know (or perhaps he did) was that he was demonstrating how homeopathic remedies work.

Like the vibration board, the vibration of each substance (mineral, plant, or milk) can and does cause physical symptoms. Homeopathy means, "like cures like." So if you already have those symptoms and you take the energy of those symptoms there is a physical reaction - laws of physics - for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. In this case, the body throws off the symptoms in the equal reaction which results in cure. But our energy/vibration must match the vibration of the remedy or nothing happens.

Well, each vibration makes a pattern. (See this video or search vibration pattern table on youtube: The Art of Sound

Sound is a vibration. So you can see, each sound/frequency/vibration makes a distinct pattern. I believe we naturally resonate with certain patterns of Zentangle because of our own energy. And in some ways, we are actually self-medicating by drawing those patterns over and over in a creative manner.

Sorry this is so out there! But this is what I do in the other portion of my life not dedicated to calligraphy!  :D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline kshort

• Freshman Member
  • Grasshopper
    • View Profile
    • Karen Short Art
Re: The Zen of Zentangles... a bit off-topic
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 08:42:08 AM »
How interesting! Wouldn't it be fun to document the zentangles of different individuals - and see their "vibrations" or the different wavelengths they are functioning on?

I really need to do more research on Tesla - other than what I've heard about the Tesla vs. Edison disagreement - I really don't know much about this fascinating guy.

Thanks for taking the time to delve a little deeper into Zentangles :)

-Karen

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:15:22 AM »
Funny you should mention that Karen, because I have on my "to do" list a microphotography project where I examine the saliva and/or blood of individuals to see if their vibrational patterns match the remedies they match. We know people have what is called a constitutional remedy which fits them generally overall. And the remedies haven't already been photographed in this way but some of their natural substances have. The patterns are AMAZING and beautiful!!!

Ah... time -- wish I had extra!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline FrenchBlue Joy

• yogini, calligraphiste*
    • View Profile
    • Studio French Blue
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 12:59:12 PM »
fascinating! 

OK this is off-topic too, but did anybody see the "drunk history" comedy sketch about Nikola Tesla and Edison?  The drunk guy telling the story is gross, but the acting on the sketch is wonderful and the story is really moving!!

I'll leave you guys to google that yourself, if you're interested...   ;)

Offline kshort

• Freshman Member
  • Grasshopper
    • View Profile
    • Karen Short Art
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:18 PM »
Erica, I know exactly what you mean - I'm in the middle of my BFA thesis right now... and time is the one thing I wish I had more of lol. I think your project sounds fascinating though, and I'd love to see what comes of it when you do find the time for it :)

I am definitely not an expert by any means, but recently I have been taking a Tai Chi class - and my instructor always discusses "qi" (I could be misspelling that) - which from what I understand, is an energy found in all living things. I would love to know if there is a correlation between the Eastern idea of "qi", and the (possibly more Western) concept of vibrations that you have brought up.

FrenchBlue Joy: HAHA! Oh my gosh yes, all of the "Drunk History's" are equal parts gross and hilarious... the actors really are what make it for me :) I will have to revisit Drunk History on youtube, it's been awhile.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »
I am in the dark on the drunk history videos so I will definitely check them out!

Karen, Yes, the qi (or chi) is similar. Homeopathy is really more eastern than western though. It works on the same pathways as acupuncture.

True story - when my son had autism, he could not talk. He had this little bunny since birth. We called him Mr. Nibbles. He took it with him everywhere. When my son recovered and could speak, one day he said, "Where's my Chi? Where is Chi?" And we had no idea what he was talking about. Well, he finally found his bunny and he said, "Ah, my Chi." It gave me goosebumps!  :D

Ooh - BFA thesis! You *are* busy!  :D 
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram