Author Topic: The "bodysnatchers" of Washington DC  (Read 763 times)

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
The "bodysnatchers" of Washington DC
« on: October 16, 2014, 10:35:40 AM »
Wonder what is happening to your place cards after the calligraphy is done?  Very interesting and funny article on seating protocol at Washington dinners.  I particularly like the senator's wife who regularly upgrades her seating.  Wonder why they just don't put the table number on the card.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/drama-ego-protocol-washington-dinners-have-it-all--and-thats-just-the-seating-chart/2014/10/15/bd5efeea-4e52-11e4-8c24-487e92bc997b_story.html?hpid=z5

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
Re: The "bodysnatchers" of Washington DC
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 02:17:46 PM »
This is HILARIOUS!!!!

I was going to say they have the worst job in the world, but then again.. due to the power they hold to determine ensuing chaos and/or hilarity, maybe they do have the best job in the world! I can just imagine one of em seat people she hate next to each other and just watch the drama unfold while cackling evilly in the back of the room.
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline Meredith S

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »
Haha! This seems like the worst job on the planet! The patience required to deal with all the pretentiousness is impressive. Funny article.

P.s. Was anyone else picturing Donald Trump as the guy at the end from New York? I'm sure it wasn't, but it fits perfectly with his attitude :).

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »
I think it is interesting that the spouses (usually wives of senators and congressmen) have the same rank as their spouses for seating purposes.  The spouses really gain a lot of clout from their partners long tenure in office.