Author Topic: What do you do with your practice papers?  (Read 5634 times)

Offline Judy G

• I can be bribed with cookies and ice cream.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you do with your practice papers?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 10:09:54 AM »
Prasad!!! You are so talented!!! That is super awesome!
Judy G [joo-dee]
food blog | instagram | twitter

Offline Sarah Foutz

• Write on!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2015, 03:14:31 PM »
Way cool, Prasad!!! I have an 8 yr old son who's also way into origami, and has boxes full of important "stuff" he's folded. argggh. One day I came *that close* to throwing the whole lot away, and then later found he had also folded up almost $20 worth of bills that were thrown in there as well!!! ha ha Since then, I've persuaded him to keep his money separate and use scratch paper....

Because of this thread, the folks in my RANSOM EXCHANGE group will be getting snippets of my old practice sheets--almost too embarrassing to send out, but seriously, I don't think I need to keep every. single. sheet. ha ha
Sarah Pearl Foutz
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You, too? I thought I was the only one!" C.S. Lewis
http://instagram.com/sarahpearlstudio

Offline Chandra

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2015, 07:36:45 PM »
Prasad ! What a skillful hand you got there. Not just in calligraphy, but also in origami! Wow..

Offline lemonpassion

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 09:26:52 PM »
Have started using Onion skin paper for practice and that paper is just perfect for my other interest, Origami.
Use my practice sheets to practice my origami folds before I make the stuff with coloured paper. :)

-Prasad

So cool! Thanks for sharing Prasad!
Hi, I'm Mapet!
Instagram! | Flickr

Offline lemonpassion

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2015, 09:29:18 PM »
Way cool, Prasad!!! I have an 8 yr old son who's also way into origami, and has boxes full of important "stuff" he's folded. argggh. One day I came *that close* to throwing the whole lot away, and then later found he had also folded up almost $20 worth of bills that were thrown in there as well!!! ha ha Since then, I've persuaded him to keep his money separate and use scratch paper....

Because of this thread, the folks in my RANSOM EXCHANGE group will be getting snippets of my old practice sheets--almost too embarrassing to send out, but seriously, I don't think I need to keep every. single. sheet. ha ha

Can't wait to get your ransom exchange mail, Sarah!
Hi, I'm Mapet!
Instagram! | Flickr

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2015, 10:00:59 PM »
later found he had also folded up almost $20 worth of bills that were thrown in there as well!!! ha ha Since then, I've persuaded him to keep his money separate and use scratch paper....

Thanks so much Sarah,
There are actually loads of books on "Dollar Bill Origami" which my son saw too.   I am lucky cause Indian currency notes are not the same size :D

Would love to see some of that :)  Guess I will see it when they put up the solved answers on the forum.

-Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

Offline lyndsaywrightdesign

• View Profile
    • Lyndsay Wright Design
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2015, 10:53:43 AM »
Prasad, your origami is wonderful!  I have to say that I honestly prefer your practice sheets to traditional colored paper.  Your practice sheets bring such a cool flair to the origami, and the combination of the two is just so incredibly GORGEOUS.
http://www.lyndsaywrightdesign.com
Instagram: lyndsaywrightdesign

Offline elsa.d

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 10:29:31 PM »
I keep a few of them to track progress. The rest gets tossed into my recycle bin. I just haven't got the space to keep all my practice sheets or the inclination. Plus they aren't usually very pretty anyway. I turn them in all kinds of weird directions and fill up EVERY available space, and often switch inks. They also look bad because I'm experimenting all the time when I practice and most of my experiments are big fat ugly fails.

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2015, 03:07:51 AM »
I sometimes use them as hand guard or cushion sheets.. or to scribble grocery lists lol. But I keep every sheet, and have tubs full of em under the bed.
Same here ... I put them into big binders and the binders into boxes and the boxes under the bed. When I feel stuck, I look at them to remind myself that I have actually improved. ;D
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline Pittipat

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2015, 06:56:16 PM »
Ive been placing dates on each of them together with notes on the nib, ink and holder that I used. For now, there all in one plastic folder so that I can keep track of my progress as time goes by.
Wife, Mother, Home Baker, Craft Geek, Bluemoon-Blogger, Frustrated singer and Calligraphy Newbie
mommy blog * instagram * twitter

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2015, 09:13:00 PM »
i only keep some of them in a folder. the rest are tossed away haha. sometimes you just need to see if you have improved or not.  :)  sadly, i can't keep them all; otherwise our small room would be in such a big mess
patricia
instagram    |   blog    |   facebook

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2015, 01:15:39 AM »
I used to do origami too. Until they sat around and collected dust. I have to admit that there is little I can do with them once they are done, but the process is fun, I think.