Author Topic: Pariscope  (Read 975 times)

Offline Brad franklin

• View Profile
Pariscope
« on: June 04, 2015, 04:26:53 AM »
Has anyone checked out this apt called Periscope. Twitter is the owner of this company. If you don't know what it is, I will give a layman's explanation. Basically you make you phone into a broadcasting camera where anyone can join and watch what you are doing. News station and some big stars like Opera are using it. If you fell the urge to show a letter or two it could be a great teaching / learning tool. I waste a lot of time and battery power on the site. It's a lot of fun.

https://www.periscope.tv/

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
Re: Pariscope
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 08:25:30 AM »
I was actually looking into apps that turn a camera into a webcam recently and that was one of them. What I didn't like about it is that there didn't seem to be anyway for you to watch the videos online so anyone who wanted to watch would have to also pull out their cellphone and open the app.

Offline Brad franklin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 11:11:19 AM »
Yes that is unfortunate. You can on a iPad though and I assume other tablets. I know everyone may not have a tablet. I always use my tablet when trying to learn something so it is not unusual to have it open right there in front of me anyways. My phone wont fit in my pocket so its out.  :D. Maybe they will put it on the smart watches ;)

Side note I had alot of problems getting the app on my iPad. What I did was go to the webpage from my iPad  www.periscope.tv  then click on the apple icon up top and it will show up for download. Just searching in the app store I could not find it. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:29:19 AM by Brad franklin »

Offline Judy G

• I can be bribed with cookies and ice cream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 12:20:02 PM »
Hmmm....thanks for sharing this, Brad. Something new to explore! :)
Judy G [joo-dee]
food blog | instagram | twitter