Author Topic: Greetings from Wisconsin  (Read 889 times)

Offline evjo

• View Profile
Greetings from Wisconsin
« on: August 13, 2015, 05:31:17 PM »
I live in a rural area & I've joined the Flourish Forum hoping to feel less isolated. 
I've attended both the Spencerian Saga and Iampeth for the past few years.
Thanks to Erica for all her work.
~ Evan
Ev

Offline Matthew_R

• View Profile
Re: Greetings from Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 08:45:21 PM »
Another Spencerian practitioner!  Welcome to the forum.

Offline Judy G

• I can be bribed with cookies and ice cream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 10:59:30 AM »
Hi Evan! Welcome to FF :)
Judy G [joo-dee]
food blog | instagram | twitter

Offline kimo

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 07:43:41 PM »
Hi Evan!

I got your beautiful letter on Monday. So happy to hear from you!! When you mentioned you had joined this forum I got online her to see if you had posted an intro message. Sad I won't see you in October . . . really bummed when I read that. Well, one day we can catch up. Maybe in Portland next year?!

. . . Kim

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:30:34 PM »
Thanks to everyone for the welcome greetings.  I am liking the forum very much.  & I laughed a lot reading the calligraphy confessions.
A special hello to Kimo!  Keep in touch!  Send snail mail!
Ev

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 01:40:28 PM »
Oh I must have missed this when your originally posted. Welcome to the forum! I also get excited when I see other Spence people. How did you like the saga? That is on my dream list if I can make it in the future.

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 01:57:46 PM »
Oh I must have missed this when your originally posted. Welcome to the forum! I also get excited when I see other Spence people. How did you like the saga? That is on my dream list if I can make it in the future.

Elaina, I hope you do go to the Saga sometime.  It would be a short drive for you, perhaps 4 hours. 
The Beginners' Saga was my first exposure to Spencerian script.  I returned for the Advanced Saga and the Engrossers.  It was great every time, and different every time, too.  Because it is small, there was one-on-one help, which I needed.  Lots of info was presented - an overwhelming abundance of info.  Other benefits:  making pen friends and studying historic examples.  & a beautiful location.  I could go on and on but I will stop now. 
Ev

Offline kimo

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 08:43:11 AM »
Hi Evan . . . may be a little while before you get snail mail from me. I'm so out of practice! Prior to IAMPETH this past July I had not practiced in over a year with everything that's been going on. However, since IAMPETH I am happy to say that I have been getting up at 5:00 AM every morning and getting in at least one hour's practice before work. I also practice on the weekend but I let myself sleep in a bit first.  :P

But I promise, you will get something from me by the end of the month!

. . . KimO