Author Topic: Working on some names  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Fernando Mourão

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Working on some names
« on: November 13, 2015, 12:23:42 PM »
I'm trying to work on a beautiful and elegant way of writing names.
I have some certificates to deliver and i would like to give the signatures a little "body" and elegance. Could you please help and spare some advise?

I have been trying to work on ornamental penmanship, but I'm really a beginner so I'm still a little lost.

Thank you all.

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
Re: Working on some names
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »
Flourishing is an elegant way of adding body and fanciness to a name. It doesn't have to be super complicated, sometimes just a little extra line carried further can add so much.

Attached are some examples from some amazing people, all from Iampeth.com
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline Fernando Mourão

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 06:58:11 PM »
Flourishing is an elegant way of adding body and fanciness to a name. It doesn't have to be super complicated, sometimes just a little extra line carried further can add so much.

Attached are some examples from some amazing people, all from Iampeth.com

Thank you Schin.

I'll start working on my letters :P
I've been keeping track of IAMPETH but sometimes for a beginner the excess of information can be more confusing then none at all... Thanks again.

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 12:38:53 PM »
I think they are looking pretty nice!

The one thing I'd point out is the spacing on the 2nd last name and 3rd last name. I think those names start with L. Notice how the placement of the ending loop of the L is pushing the rest of the name too far away. That leaves a lot of space inbetween.

The loop is going along the base line. Could you instead make the loop drop down below the baseline, and then start the rest of the name closer with better spacing? Maybe the examples Schin posted can help you with this.