Author Topic: What is Letterpress Art?  (Read 4101 times)

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
Re: What is Letterpress Art?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 09:12:57 PM »
Yes I think you're right B - they usually send me copies of the invitations they do with my lettering, and those names don't seem to have a problem with being too thick. I think the effect was good on this one but it's something I'm going to keep in mind when I finally get around to ordering business cards. I love foil ... but I love elegant hairlines more :D

And no, I didn't do the illustrations - but I wish I could say I did! It was a straightforward lettering only commission.

Offline valerie a.

• Freshman Member
  • Frenchie.Leftie.Translator & Jewelry artist
    • View Profile
Re: What is Letterpress Art?
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 07:22:23 AM »
Valerie, I cannot say no to you after you posted photos of your exquisite wedding invitation.   ;D

I missed your answer and i'm speechless... C'est juste magnifique  ;D I just admire what you do, really, and I'm so sad i can't come attend one of your workshops because i would so much like to see these in person and of course and most of all have the pleasure to meet you! When i was younger i have worked as a "fabrication assistant" to my sister, which means we were responsible for every printed stuff that came out the doors of the company we worked for. Later on, i started working in an advertising agency and was once again responsible for printing. No digital printing at the time (25 years ago) and this is when i saw my first (huuuuge) offset press. Unfortunately in big advertising agencies we don't do letterpress... But up to the present days, i've been loving all forms of printing and this has become one of my areas of "expertise" in my current job  ;)

@Moya I told you so on IG but i'm telling you again: this is gorgeous and you sure may be proud of how your lettering graces this piece!
My other IG account: @lune_hiver
Twitter/Periscope: @ferrogallique