Author Topic: Catch A Wave 2017 Exchange Sign Ups are now closed.  (Read 4741 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Catch A Wave 2017 Exchange Sign Ups are now closed.
« on: April 30, 2017, 12:56:55 AM »

Ocean, Sea, River, Lake and all the accessories: mermaids, fish, sailboats, anchors, or pirates – Show us what you love about the water.

You must be a registered, activated member and have made at least one post, introductory or otherwise, in order to participate. Come on - don't be shy - we love new posts! All it takes is one.

Post Mark Deadline: Saturday, June 3, 2017

As always, the following guidelines apply:

1. Although the cards do not have to be individually handmade, some kind of calligraphy should be used.
2. You will send a card to every member on your list (typically 7-9 members).
3. Must be related to the theme.
4. All skill levels welcome!
5. If you end up not being able to participate, please contact me ASAP. If you don't send your cards after the list has gone out, you will not be able to participate in the next exchange.
6. You must sign up before the deadline. No late sign ups.
7. You may want to take a photograph of your finished envelopes prior to mailing.
8. HAVE FUN!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 12:47:21 AM by Erica McPhee »
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

ash0kgiri

Re: Catch A Wave 2017 Exchange Sign Ups are now Open!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 03:11:46 AM »
Hi Erica,
I definitely don't want to miss this wave. Will soon sign up.

Thanks,
Ashok

Offline Ergative

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 08:02:36 AM »
Just signed up! Erica, FYI, the "state" entry is obligatory in the sign-up form, and for those of us in countries without states we have to put in some sort of *NA* in order to submit the entry.
Clara

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 04:26:13 PM »
I love that @ash0kgiri;D

Thanks @Ergative Clara. To be honest, I still don't understand how most of the world's postal addresses work in terms of counties, provinces, territories, etc. So far everyone has been able to enter their address appropriately (and use NA where not applicable).

But I am open for any suggestions on how to improve the form for clarity. Thanks!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline claire lander

• waves_and_grace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »
I'm in, can't wait - got some luverly stamps... x
dreamer...

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 06:12:04 PM »
I am with @Ergative in some aspects. I have been able to put my address but not entirely correct. The name I put under "state" is not really a state (there are no states in my country) and the order of the names is not the correct one (although it is understandable and not a real problem for the postal system here).

What about a simple "line 1", "line 2", etc @Erica McPhee ?? If only line 1 is required and you let another (I don't know, 6?) extra lines, everyone could write their address in the correct order for their country in a very simple way. Maybe a helping note about writing it just the way you want it on the envelope (like with a wedding job) and don't forget the postal code...
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline esmy77

• Part Time Unicorn chaser
    • View Profile
    • Wild Stawberry
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 06:32:23 PM »
So excited! I already caught a wave and signed up!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
lol
Esmeraldita • Part time Unicorn Chaser • Graphic Designer Hand Crafted style • Cake Designer • Chucky's mom (child's play doll) • Married to a Swede

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 12:14:23 AM »
I see. The problem is when I started looking into it for the forms, I went through the top 8 or so countries that are usually included in exchanges and there were small differences and there is no way to easily accommodate every one. Other countries make up about 50% of the addresses and the other 50% are in the US. I have to be able to sort by country, experience level etc. all in the same file and then sort the lists one by one.

To top it off, the US post office has rejected letters I have tried to send to other countries that are in different order than ours, saying they must be addressed using English and the order we normally do otherwise it will be returned. However, I have on one occasion sent one to another country which goes in reverse (name on bottom) and it was delivered. The PO has its days but I digress.  ;)

Anyway, I will try to re-evaluate to see if there is a better way to set it up. If you have any concerns or suggestions, send me a PM so I can try to incorporate it!

Thanks!

I am with @Ergative in some aspects. I have been able to put my address but not entirely correct. The name I put under "state" is not really a state (there are no states in my country) and the order of the names is not the correct one (although it is understandable and not a real problem for the postal system here).

What about a simple "line 1", "line 2", etc @Erica McPhee ?? If only line 1 is required and you let another (I don't know, 6?) extra lines, everyone could write their address in the correct order for their country in a very simple way. Maybe a helping note about writing it just the way you want it on the envelope (like with a wedding job) and don't forget the postal code...
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 05:51:45 PM »
Count me in!
Star

Offline Elizgadus59

• I LOVE LETTERS!!!
    • View Profile
    • Elizscriptscalligraphy
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 04:29:41 PM »
And I just saw the beach boys in concert! So, I'm wax'n my surfboard and gett'n ready to roll! Im in!!!

Offline Gabby10109

• Freshman Member
  • Gabby J
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »
Can't wait for this one!!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 04:00:27 AM »
@Inked botanicals  and @Ergative would you mind checking out the form again? I made some changes that I hope will work. I would love to have our feedback. Thanks!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Ergative

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 04:20:32 AM »
It worked just fine for me! The system timed out a couple of times, but I think the problem was on my end. At any rate, the confirmation email I received looks good.

Thanks, Erica!
Clara

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2017, 04:22:14 AM »
@Inked botanicals  and @Ergative would you mind checking out the form again? I made some changes that I hope will work. I would love to have our feedback. Thanks!

Looks good to me! I was already using the field "state" for a province, but now it is much more clearer! And I like that not all the fields are required, because now there is one not applicable for me, but I know that I would need it if I wanted to use my summer house for example.
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2017, 05:53:21 AM »
Perfect! Thank you both so much!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram