Author Topic: Curv-E Holder - New Oblique Pen Holder  (Read 37436 times)

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
Re: Curv-E Holder - New Oblique Pen Holder
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2020, 08:01:54 AM »
Very interesting indeed.
I can also attest that your writing has improved in a major way over the last year.
I'll have a look at these holders.

But could it have been practice vs. the holder?  If a holder can do all that I really need to take a look.   :o
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2020, 09:01:43 AM »
@lyric  The Curv-E holders are the only pens I use now. I have not gone back to a round pen at all over the past two years. And I don’t ever plan to.  Edward has said the praise has been so great, they are now the only pens he makes. ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Tushar

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2020, 09:28:19 AM »
I love the finish and shape of this holder. Unique style and polish have given it a mirror finish. Great product.

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2020, 06:23:10 PM »
@lyric  The Curv-E holders are the only pens I use now. I have not gone back to a round pen at all over the past two years. And I don’t ever plan to.  Edward has said the praise has been so great, they are now the only pens he makes. ;D

Good news.  I hope to order one soon.  I was hoping for a shorter one; but he informs me he no longer does re-dos.
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2021, 08:59:03 AM »
I am too interested in this holder and I am already disappointed with several other pen I got.
That's because I believe I have a different hold and feel when I write  so I believe I can get my hand to adopted to this pen.
This is a beautifully craft pen. So my interest is to try this ~Curve -grip pen. :D

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2021, 08:41:22 PM »
I recently re-started Copperplate Foundations and began using my Curv-E.  I adore it.

I hope you purchase one.
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2021, 10:27:53 PM »
Hooray! I love to hear that!  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
Re: Curv-E Holder + My new nibs
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2021, 05:05:41 PM »
My Hunt 22b's arrived today.  Guess what, it does not fit into either three of my pen holders  :'(; especially my Curv-E.

It does fit into one of my straight holders; however, I was really looking forward to breaking in my Curv-E NOW.  I am thinking I should not be messing around with my Curv-E flange.

What holder do you use with your Hunt 22?

Thanks.
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2021, 08:15:17 PM »
Oh that is such a bummer! I have an old oblique that I don't mind messing around with the flange on. I use that to try different nibs. You can adjust your flange on your Curv-E to fit any nib but once you start changing it around, it does make it less easy to manipulate. You can email Edward to see if he has any tips for making it fit.

Back in the day, they didn't make flanges to fit any specific nib. We just used a little plier to adjust it for whatever we were using. Although I did have one pen that had a little screw in the flange which made it a bit easier.
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2021, 07:35:13 AM »
Oh that is such a bummer! I have an old oblique that I don't mind messing around with the flange on. I use that to try different nibs. You can adjust your flange on your Curv-E to fit any nib but once you start changing it around, it does make it less easy to manipulate. You can email Edward to see if he has any tips for making it fit.

Honey, I ain't messing around with my Curv-E; nope, nadda, not. I will leave it as is for my now second-choice Leonardt Principle EF's and whatever else size it fits.

Back in the day, they didn't make flanges to fit any specific nib. We just used a little plier to adjust it for whatever we were using. Although I did have one pen that had a little screw in the flange which made it a bit easier.

I saw a nice Russian made holder yesterday with adjustable flange ($40).  Not gorgeous and all like my CE, but it works for what it is supposed to do, right?  Perhaps as funds come to me I "may" purchase.  Meanwhile, My Hunt 22 is doing fine in a straight holder.  Not sure why/how I got hung up on obliques anyway.  I am thinking when I first starting reading up on calligraphy that was what I saw most [shoulder shrug].  I do not believe (especially using guidelines) that my slant is suffering for using a straight vs. oblique; so there I have it.  It is a matter of keeping on practicing and learning.  Plus, that hole pascribe "thing" about supposing to use straight anyway.
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2021, 12:51:49 PM »
I highly suggest sticking with an oblique. The straight holder has its advantages when doing extensive flourishing but will produce a ragged right edge and wear your nib unevenly.  ;)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2021, 08:51:48 AM »
I highly suggest sticking with an oblique. The straight holder has its advantages when doing extensive flourishing but will produce a ragged right edge and wear your nib unevenly.  ;)

Ohh, my!

Ok . . . my Hunt 22 does not fit my Curve-E adorable pen.  I will try again.  Practicing now.
Cheerfully,
Lyric

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2021, 08:09:49 AM »
My Curve-E is doing fine I am having a kind of "Writing -block" these days and trying to recharge myself back to get things going. ;)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2021, 09:58:55 AM »
Cyril, when that happens to me, I take a break and go back to books and old calligraphy journals to get reinspired. If that doesn’t help, I try to learn a new hand or do some drawing. It usually helps break the block and get the creativity flowing again. That feeling of not being able to do what we want creatively can be so painful.
Warm Regards,
Erica
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Lyric

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2021, 08:39:10 AM »

Ohh, my!

Ok . . . my Hunt 22 does not fit my Curve-E adorable pen.  I will try again.  Practicing now.

I closed my eyes (figuratively), bent that flange and WOW.  Now my Hunt 22b fits.  Phew.

LOL, I'll bet now it won't work with my Tach G  :D :D 8).  I don't care because I have several pens that fit that.  I wanted/needed my Curv-E to fit my newfound friend, Hunt.

Thanks, all.
Cheerfully,
Lyric