Author Topic: Modern stamps  (Read 5723 times)

Offline NikkiB

• View Profile
Re: Modern stamps
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 04:22:25 AM »
Oh!

Those stamps are all so beautiful! I love them all 😊

How cool to be able to design your own stamp @Starlee you did an amazing job!

This is a great thread to showcase all the beautiful stamps from around the world.

The 🇬🇧 releases stamp collections on a fairly regular basis, this years Christmas stamps were particularly nice.  They do occasionally release shaped and ‘special feature’ stamps for example the Agatha Christie realease a few years ago had UV ink and heat sensitive ink which were sooo cool.  I would love to see more of those and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for scratch and sniff one day! 🤞
Nikki x

Offline NikkiB

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 05:16:41 AM »
Uk 🇬🇧 Christmas release this year...

I’m having terrible trouble attaching photos from my iPhone to this forum because they are jpeg files rather than jpg.  If anyone knows a better workaround than this one please enlighten me!! 😂
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 05:21:11 AM by NikkiB »
Nikki x

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 08:41:12 AM »
Thank you! It was a fun project. @Bianca M, there is definitely a mark-up and it was a splurge, but not quite as bad as what your postal service charges you. Our local stamps are $0.90 CAD, and these printed ones about double at $1.77 each.
Star

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 11:20:34 AM »
I’m having terrible trouble attaching photos from my iPhone to this forum because they are jpeg files rather than jpg.  If anyone knows a better workaround than this one please enlighten me!! 😂

@NikkiB rename the file so that you remove the "e" in "jpeg" and you're good to go!

Offline NikkiB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 01:13:09 PM »
Here goes...  thanks @Bianca M I got there in the end! 👍
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:14:54 PM by NikkiB »
Nikki x

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 04:35:18 PM »
Alba, I was already happy when I saw your name on Hearts Affire exchange list, but now I am really excited! I love eucalyptus. And all those others look really neat too. Canada is pretty limited in its stamps.  The occasional themed edition is released, and they can be pretty, but selection and creativity are limited. One thing we can do is pay a little more and make our own by submitting a picture. So I treated myself last year to test it out. :)

Ahhhh! So those were your own art-stamp!! So amazing!

In Spain you can personalize too. Prices are high though. Normal domestic stamp: 0,60€, personalized domestic stamp: 1,49€. Normal International stamp: 1,50€  Personalized International stamp: 2,39€. They basically charge 0,89€ per stamp, plus its face value. And you only can purchase in multiples of 25 stamps. And you cannot use a photo of yourself dressed as a queen  :'(
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline KristinT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 07:03:18 PM »
And you cannot use a photo of yourself dressed as a queen  :'(

Bummer!  There goes about 82% of the incentive to design one's own stamp, eh?   ;)

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 07:45:03 AM »
@Inked botanicals LOL! If only we could dress up as the Queen for our stamps. I wonder if I could get away with that here. Not sure how much they scrutinize what they print...but even if we could, offenses are so easily taken these days :S I received your Hearts exchange mail. Thank you! The stamp still smelled. :)

@KristinT sorry to only see your question now: the ink was McAffrey's. I pull it out occasionally when I want really fine hair lines
Star

Offline Inked botanicals

• View Profile
    • My Instagram
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2019, 08:43:39 AM »
Alba.

Instagram: @inked_botanicals

Offline alicecalligraphy

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2019, 11:53:22 AM »
I think here in Italy we have the most boring stamps ever.. even the "special ones" are always about anniversaries of people or buildings so they mostly have faces and walls on them... :'( and we still can't design them so.. only regular stamps..  :'(
I envy you quite a lot, your stamps are beautiful!  :D

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2022, 04:06:46 PM »
Lovely thread  and how you guys are doing with your new  Stamps collection?