Author Topic: Aloha from Kaua段  (Read 680 times)

Offline Rivers

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Aloha from Kaua段
« on: October 27, 2020, 07:07:27 PM »
I am Rivers...usually traveling and exploring...taking a break during 2020, which happens to be a great time to learn.... I知 so thrilled to find The Flourish Forum!  Inspired by the amazing resources and generous shares from calligraphers and Pennmen out there.
I知 a newbie to this amazing world and look forward to inspiration here as I learn. 

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Aloha from Kaua段
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »
Hi Rivers,
We池e happy to have you! A GREAT time to be a calligrapher - so many online classes. It痴 incredible. I think it is the only positive to come out of 2020! Let us know if you have any questions. Welcome to Flourish!  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 12:51:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Rivers!  I'm glad you are using your time off of traveling to learn calligraphy, etc.! Having cancelled all of my travel plans this year, I miss traveling terribly, but I also have finally finished some online classes I signed up for ages ago.  The silver lining! ;) Enjoy!

Offline Andrew Davies

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 03:07:49 PM »
Welcome on board from another newbie to the forum. There are some great resources here and I知 having a lot of fun exploring. :)

Offline Trazo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 03:23:16 PM »
Aloha from another calligraphy newbie and ukulele aficionado. I wish I were in Kaua'i to improve my uke playing and escape from the cruel central european winter.

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 02:09:10 PM »
Aloha, Rivers!

What a great time to learn something new :). Welcome to the forum!

Offline Andrew Davies

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »
Aloha from another calligraphy newbie and ukulele aficionado. I wish I were in Kaua'i to improve my uke playing and escape from the cruel central european winter.
@Trazo You play ukulele??? That痴 another thing we have in common  ;D ;D

(Oops - I知 not hijacking the thread here! It will just eventually turn out that we were identical twins separated at birth, raised in different countries and who never knew)

Offline Trazo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 04:35:38 PM »
 :D :D :D :D I can see the headlines on the newspapers: A couple of infiltrated twins try to turn a calligraphy forum into a ukulele club.

Yes, I do play the ukulele. In fact, I play (very badly!) a lot of instrument (even some Morris tunes on the melodeon), but ukulele is one of my main ones. And I am a bit of a uke collector too. In the last ten years or so I have managed to collect quite a nice family of vintage ukes. They are mainly US made (Martin, Gibson, Favilla, Gretsch, Kamaka, Kumalae...), but I have a very nice one made in England by La Foley (a George Formby's favourite). I have all my ukes in bags and cases and I never remember where is the one I want to pick up for the moment. I am planing to make a calligraphy label for every one in order to identify them. Perhaps if I post a picture of the labels, Ms. Erica will have mercy on us and won't kick us out of the forum.   :)