Author Topic: Hello! I'm Victoria.  (Read 551 times)

Offline VictoriaS

• View Profile
Hello! I'm Victoria.
« on: November 07, 2020, 08:43:34 PM »
Hello everyone!

My name is Victoria, and I'm very excited to join the forum. I spent almost 2 years looking at other people's calligraphy before finally making time to try it myself. I was a statistician until COVID turned me into a SAHM to my 3 preschoolers. I was not made to spend all day interacting with people, especially little ones. They are adorable, and I love them, but they are exhausting! Having something to new to learn and dedicated quiet time helps keep me (relatively) sane.

I've focused mostly on pointed pen and copperplate, but I love looking at broad edge writing, so I think I will head down that path eventually. I've also really enjoyed making envelope art and some hand-made cards for friends and family, so I'm looking forward to joining an envelope exchanges.

Sincerely,
Victoria
Victoria S

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! I'm Victoria.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 09:05:30 PM »
Hi Victoria,
Happy to hear you have started your calligraphy adventure. Calligraphy hands are like potato chips - you can't stick with just one!  ;D Welcome to Flourish!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Bianca M

• Super Hero Member
  • Tempus Fugit
    • View Profile
    • Bianca Mascorro Calligraphy & Art
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 12:48:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Victoria!

Offline Andrew Davies

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 12:57:11 PM »
Welcome on board. Broad-edge offers a wide range of styles and hands to play with. I’ve come from broad-edge to pointed and it is an interesting learning curve!