Author Topic: Wide Lined Paper for Spencerian?  (Read 5852 times)

Offline himasf

• View Profile
Re: Wide Lined Paper for Spencerian?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »
Just ordered some plain regular Rhodia paper. I haven't found the Rhodia R that's Not Lined? Or the Ivory... Which is what I Really want!! Where did you get yours?... If I may ask :) :) and THANK YOU Again!!! I Love Love LOVE these Lines!!!!

Goulet Pen Co. has some R Series pads. Mmm, that ivory paper. And with the printed light blue guidelines it's just like correspondence specimen from way back in the day. If only I could write like they did.  ;D
http://www.gouletpens.com/rhodia-no.-18-premium-notepad-black-blank/p/R182008

White ink on black is my first love but ruling is tight on the lined gel pen pads from Norcom, 8mm apart  >:(  Do other brands have wider spacing? Writing on every other line will do for now. But if anyone knows of wide ruled gel ink paper please let me know so I can buy reams of it.

You must know, you can print on black paper with a laser printer and even black toner keeps visible over the paper!

Did not know that! Good to know. Now I wish I still had my color laserjet printer.

Offline tmtcalligraphy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 12:14:37 PM »
Just ordered some plain regular Rhodia paper. I haven't found the Rhodia R that's Not Lined? Or the Ivory... Which is what I Really want!! Where did you get yours?... If I may ask :) :) and THANK YOU Again!!! I Love Love LOVE these Lines!!!!

Goulet Pen Co. has some R Series pads. Mmm, that ivory paper. And with the printed light blue guidelines it's just like correspondence specimen from way back in the day. If only I could write like they did.  ;D
http://www.gouletpens.com/rhodia-no.-18-premium-notepad-black-blank/p/R182008

Whew!! You are costing me a lot of money, James!! LOL!!! Thank You SOOOO Much for the info!! Ivory Pads are on their way!!

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 11:33:07 PM »
The black Pacon paper I have measures almost 1cm between lines (3/8th inch). 

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 12:08:21 PM »
Same with an inkjet printer.

Have you tried this? I tried printing that guidelines pdf just now on black paper with my inkjet and it did not work at all. I mean, it probably deposited some ink but it's completely undetectable.

Yes, it works well. When printing on black paper, I print the lines darker, more intensely, than the very faint light blue lines when using white paper.
I suspect your lines might be too thin, hence very little ink is being laid down. Try using thicker lines.

Your Spencerian is lovely, by the way.

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 01:15:16 PM »
I tried printing on both red and blue paper.  It's "academia jr. Two Color Paper" by MeadWestvaco.
Excuse the quality please.  I mean of the photo.  & the script.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:20:27 PM by evjo »
Ev

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »
This paper is so delicate it needs me to use a very light touch with the pen. 
I've got felt underneath the paper, which contributes to the ease of making holes.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 01:30:05 PM by evjo »
Ev

Offline himasf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 02:26:07 PM »
awesome! thanks for the inkjet tips guys! will be looking for that paper!