Author Topic: What's your workstation like?  (Read 51669 times)

Offline Perfectsettings

• View Profile
    • Perfect Settings
Re: What's your workstation like?
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2015, 09:08:53 PM »
I love everything about your space!  I do.
Daisy
Lover of all things beautiful.

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2015, 08:10:44 PM »
I love everything about your space!  I do.

Thank you ☺, me too. I feel very at home at my desk. It's a good feeling.

Offline aliceedang

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2015, 10:47:23 PM »
I currently don't have a desk, so I work off of my coffee table, which is probably why I have bad hand positions and a hunched back at the moment, not to mention my hand and wrist hurts after like a page of practice. But it's definitely better than when I used to practice on the floor  :-X

Offline Jamie

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2015, 08:33:31 PM »
I've never had a dedicated craft space before, because for the most part in the last four years I lived in a dorm and did not in anyway have the space to have more than one maybe two tables to use as deskspace for everything.

But I graduated a few weeks ago and moved into a new apartment and so now I have my first dedicated craft space, and just really wanted to share.

Offline Elizabeth O.

• View Profile
    • Elizabeth Oxenfeld
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2015, 08:37:56 AM »
I love looking at everyone's workstations!!

This is mine...lots of Ikea, need a bulletin board (washi tape does not cut it), posed Buddy (we're working on "stay"), and it's never this clean!  ;)

All my best -- Elizabeth O.

Website | Instagram

Offline keysayanez

• Calligrapher, knitter, dancer, vegan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2015, 08:50:11 AM »
I love looking at everyone's workstations!!

This is mine...lots of Ikea, need a bulletin board (washi tape does not cut it), posed Buddy (we're working on "stay"), and it's never this clean!  ;)

Neat! I'm in serious need of drawers. My workspace is an absolute mess. But I too have, usually, the company of my dog.:-)
Keysa

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #141 on: November 19, 2015, 10:36:04 AM »
My space(s) are a bit different since I mainly write letters and don't often try real calligraphy.

My most settled workspace is actually at work. I have an office and a side desk that I've been able to turn into a space to so some calligraphy and write letters, or just play around. You can see a few of the nibs I'm currently using, and the various inks and even my Parker 51 desk pen in the background. What the picture doesn't show is the stack of "in-box" paper trays to the right with the various papers in them.

But most of my writing happens when I'm out and about. I need to carry my workstation with me because most of my free time is while I'm waiting around in a coffee shop or someplace either for my son who's in a class, or my wife who's teaching. So, I've created a neat satchel of materials that allows me to take my workspace pretty much anywhere with a table and chair. The "man-bag" carries my iPad in the front, and inside I have large white envelopes with different papers, a small case with various nibs and holders, and in the zippered pocket in the back I have four 2-oz bottles of ink in a sealed plastic container. One of the envelopes contains guides, postcards and stamps.

With this set-up, I can write a letter pretty much anywhere with my dip pens, even my dining table which is where I work at home. I've ordered a few extra Dinky Dips as the current bottles I carry are only good for writing with a straight holder. I'm probably going to replace one of the bottles with a couple of Dinky Dips for when I want to use an oblique holder and practice my calligraphy.

Well, those are my workstations.
Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2016, 02:27:49 PM »
New furniture!  So happy to now be able to adjust the height on both the table & the chair. 
Ev

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2016, 02:55:17 PM »
Looks like some nice light!
Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

Offline evjo

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »
Yes, north and east windows.  & this view
Ev

Offline Tasmith

• View Profile
    • Todd A. Smith Photography, LLC
« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2016, 05:09:42 PM »
Bought a drafting table years ago from an architectural firm that had converted to Auto CAD.  Writing slope made from a piece of cabinet grade 3/4" plywood that didn't cost anything as it was in the scrap wood pile at Home Depot.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:12:16 PM by Tasmith »
Todd

Offline marilyns

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2016, 12:24:22 AM »
Thinking of having my calligraphy space in my "woman cave"--in the laundry room where I would have a sink handy and also have my computer, printer, and storage pieces.  Good idea or not?

Offline nibn00b

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2016, 10:07:04 AM »
Thinking of having my calligraphy space in my "woman cave"--in the laundry room where I would have a sink handy and also have my computer, printer, and storage pieces.  Good idea or not?

I have 2 spaces -- one in the basement near the sink, etc., and one upstairs at a desk. I tend to prefer the upstairs one for the light and atmosphere and use the downstairs one when I'm doing messier stuff like painting.

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »
The laundry room sounds good, I particularly like the idea of having a sink handy. But will the actual laundry be in there too?? I can't imagine the noise and shaking from the dryer/washer (mine causes earthquakes!) and argh, imagine accidentally spilling sumi ink on a basket of fresh laundry argh arghhhh arghh
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline marilyns

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2016, 03:22:22 PM »
Something to think about, though in my household laundry is completed in a half day one day a week.  The lint generated from the dryer may be an issue.  The rest of the week will be using computer, printer, tv while I work on crafts and calligraphy.