Author Topic: Summer Exchange Letters Received  (Read 8701 times)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Summer Exchange Letters Received
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:13:54 PM »
This is the thread to post letters/cards received in the Summer Exchange.

If you are waiting for a card or two, and don't want to see the card/letter you are awaiting here before you get it, stop reading this thread and come back when you want to.

Here's how it works:

Each person has to post only one letter/card.

You post the letter you received from the person who follows you on the list For example, number 1 Linda posts number 2 Felicia's envelope on list 3, Felicia posts Carmela's, and so on. The last person on list 3, Sherry, posts the first person, Linda.

(If you don't have your list anymore, pm me and I'll tell you whose envelope to post and who will be posting your letter)). I saved all three lists.

If you can't post the envelope from the person who follows you on the list (no camera or scanner, haven't received a card from this person, don't know how to post a picture, or...), pm me and I happily will do it for you or find someone who will.

Also, many of us would like to know just how the cards were made, what materials, techniques, etc. were used, that sort of thing. If you see the envelope you made posted here, feel free to share anything you like about the making of the envelope. Post a reply to the post showing your envelope with it's picture. Totally voluntary, of course.

Any questions, post here or pm me.

I, for one , am really looking forward to seeing the all letters.

Mike

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 03:33:56 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Exchange Letters Received
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:16:26 PM »
I have the great pleasure of posting this beautiful envelope and the card it contained from Phyllis. I've taken out the middle line of my address which was penned beautifully. The card which was enclosed is shown on the back of the envelope in picture 2

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:22:53 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Milonguera

• View Profile
    • Instagram,  My blog
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 03:17:10 PM »
I am so pleased to post the ensemble I received from Amy.  I must say I will have to up my game by about a thousand points.  The cards I received were so amazing, one after another.  Thank you all for sharing your talents with me.  Here's Amy's card. 
Debbie

Offline Linda Y.

• Super Hero Member
  • Calligra-ninja
    • View Profile
    • my instagram
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 05:29:27 PM »
I'm going to post Felicia's after I get home! I'm saving this spot for my show & tell. Heehee.  ;D

[Edited to Add]
Here's Felicia's lovely envelope! She included *two* cards and a really sweet note. I love your Spencerian, Felicia! Thank you!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:40:15 PM by Linda Y. »

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:34:30 PM »
here is Roseann G's envelope and card...it is way more vibrant in person than in the picture.  i loved the combo of deep red and dark blue...sooo pretty!

thank you all for the wonderful envelopes and cards...i LOVE doing these exchanges!

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 08:50:33 PM »
my beautiful card from MaryEllen, @mellenseidman!

Untitled by tewshortforu, on Flickr
-an over enthusiastic newbie
http://instagram.com/tewshortforu

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 10:39:54 PM »
I'll post Stefanie's when I get home!

Oh wait, numerical list order! I'll post Carmela's when I get home!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:42:59 PM by Faeleia »

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 09:27:27 AM »
Here is my beautiful summertime card from Elsa, as well as the envelope. Elsa, is that gouache? Underneath bleedproof white? Whatever it is, I love it - and perfect choice of washi :)

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 11:45:47 AM »
I realize i haven't received Carmela's. :(

Offline Milonguera

• View Profile
    • Instagram,  My blog
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 05:26:53 PM »
I have the great pleasure of posting this beautiful envelope and the card it contained from Phyllis. I've taken out the middle line of my address which was penned beautifully. The card which was enclosed is shown on the back of the envelope in picture 2

Phyllis, if you're reading this, I am assuming you did the watercolor on the envelope--it is so very beautiful!  But the card, how did you do that? 
Debbie

Offline Milonguera

• View Profile
    • Instagram,  My blog
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 07:38:18 PM »

I'm also interested in the techniques everybody used for their cards.  Was this one by Mary Ellen watercolor?  I tried calligraphy over watercolor, only to have crazy bleeding.  Might've been the nib?  I'm just curious about the various techniques that were used in the making of the cards.  Who uses photoshop or another editing tool?  I don't have anything--not even a printer! 

Mine were card stock, gouache ink, gel pen, either an LPef or Gillott 303 nib on the envelope and a Brause 66 on the card and were freehand (no guidelines, but if you got one of mine, you probably figured that out 😳) and a few had some washi tape on them.  Each one was a little different.  The envelopes were something Sam Flax's paperie department calls "Skin" and they were extremely pleasant to take a pen to.  No printers were used nor other peoples eyes hurt in the making of these. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:46:05 PM by Milonguera »
Debbie

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 08:19:32 PM »
debbie - i'm guessing mary ellen used a masking fluid for the card...something that i am having fun playing with now!  it's super easy to use and flows better than some inks!

Offline Milonguera

• View Profile
    • Instagram,  My blog
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 08:38:57 PM »
debbie - i'm guessing mary ellen used a masking fluid for the card...something that i am having fun playing with now!  it's super easy to use and flows better than some inks!

That's what I thought, Joi, but I'd like to "know."  I'm one of those damned inquiring minds...  ::)
Debbie

Offline Starlee

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 08:52:49 PM »
I so wish I had been able to take part in this, and am quite excited about the Blue exchange. I am also curious, as this is my first time participating in something like this, how people make their cards. Is everyone original, or are people making one and printing them off? They are all so awesome. I love seeing everyone's wonderful work!
Star

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 08:58:41 PM »

That's what I thought, Joi, but I'd like to "know."  I'm one of those damned inquiring minds...  ::)

ditto!  i would like to know which nib she used with the masking fluid, the lines are so crisp!