Author Topic: Practicing in moving vehicles  (Read 507 times)

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Practicing in moving vehicles
« on: November 03, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »
Hi y'all,

I've started my new job and I've got a tram ride of 30 minutes to my workplace and back. And I thought maybe I could use that time for some kind of practice.

Do any of you have any suggestions on what I could do in that time? I don't have a table or anything. Put paper & pencil on my lap on a clipboard, maybe? Study printouts of letterforms and trace them with my finger ... ? ....?

Best,
Natascha
Natascha
My Instagram

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Re: Practicing in moving vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 10:48:50 AM »
If you have a copy of of Michael Sull's Spencerian Script and Ornamental Penmanship, either Volume 2, readily available, or the elusive Volume 1, you could easily spend many half hours looking at that. Very inspiring. There are other good books to study, too.

Offline AndyT

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
This reminds me of the Sherlock Holmes story, when the great detective deduces that a note was written on a train by the variation in legibility between sections when the train was moving and when it was at a station.  ;)

You could certainly have a go at doing some oval drills, say, or writing messages in the condensation on the window - but as AnasaziWrites suggests, this might be a better opportunity for study than practice.

Offline Starlee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »
I third the study option. It's as important, if not more so, than practice. This is a great opportunity for that! :)
Star