Author Topic: Iampeth Exchange?  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Raayynuh

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
Iampeth Exchange?
« on: April 27, 2015, 11:22:20 AM »
Hey all,

Just wanted to ask maybe a silly question. This is the first year I am an IAMPETH member, and they have an exchange coming up for members. I'm very interested in doing more exchanges, especially since I learned so much and pushed myself with this last Inspiring Quote exchange. However, I'm unfamiliar with IAMPETH exchanges and was hoping from some feedback from anyone here that has participated in one. I'm mostly wondering if newer calligraphers are welcome in joining. I'm almost at 7 months and I don't want to embarrass myself or send material that is below everyone else participating. Also, it seems like it's mostly just an envelope exchange because having anything on the inside is optional - I just wanted to check that I was understanding that correctly. 

I will not at all be offended if the honest answer is that this exchange is for more experienced calligraphers! I really just wanted to check because I don't want to miss out on the opportunity if it's an option  :).

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
Re: Iampeth Exchange?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:25:34 PM »
It's open to beginners, so don't be shy... just do your best.. I got some beginner ones and some advanced ones, all are welcome! I find that usually people do put something in the envelope tho, even just a hello or a quick note about the calligraphy used.
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline Ergative

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 04:26:06 PM »
It's for all levels. In my exchange last year I got one from a 13-year-old, who used regular pens and decorated it with swirly colored pencils. Don't be shy; it's for everyone.
Clara

Offline Raayynuh

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 04:28:28 PM »
Thank you both! That's so good to know. I'm in :).

Offline Marcia Aronow

• View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Marcia Aronow
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 07:16:46 PM »
I will be participating for the first time & I'm very excited!! 
Enjoy your day!
Marcia

Offline SimplyScript

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »
I will love to participate but not sure if I have to register or if I have to wait to be invited. This will be my first time too 
Elisa

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
    • Dasherie Magazine
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 04:09:53 PM »
Hi Elisa,
This was part of an exchange for the IAMPETH group ( IAMPETH). They have a letter exchange once per year.

We have exchanges here on Flourish which are usually by theme. The next exchange, The Favorite Book exchange, will be announced in the coming weeks (when I return from vacation).

In the meantime, we have lots of folks who like to exchange with penpals, so check out the threads in the Sharing And Caring Board;D
Truly, Erica
Lettering/Design Artist, Homeopath, Photographer, Mom, Wife
Dasherie Magazine | Paperwhite Studio | Instagram | Facebook