Author Topic: Greetings from the Netherlands!!  (Read 386 times)

Offline Linda H.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Greetings from the Netherlands!!
« on: January 11, 2016, 05:11:35 AM »
Hello there!

So happy Im accepted to this forum. Im Linda, 27 years old and Im from Holland. When I was about 8 years old, we had a little book we called a `poetry album`. You go by all the people you know and they use one page to write a little poem about the owner of the album and one of my teachers wrote it in calligraphy.

Ever since i have always been fascinated by calligraphy, and mostly copperplate. I love the grace of this writing and when I see videos on YouTube it gives me a feeling of peace. I havent thought about it for a while but the last few months Ive been looking at instagramaccounts and I have the urge to learn it too! Ive stumbled across a webpage full of beginners information and ordered the supplies she advised for beginners. Ive also ordered the books from Eleanor Winters, Mastering Copperplate Calligraphy and Dick Jackson, Copperplate Calligraphy.

I hope I can find a lot of help and feedback here, once I have my supplies and books!

Instagram: @fromlinda.withlove

Offline June P

• View Profile
Re: Greetings from the Netherlands!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 07:52:17 PM »
Welcome to FF Linda. Your everyday handwriting is nice - you've got a head start!
See with what large letters I have written to you with my own hand! Galatians 6:11

Offline Scarlet Blue

• I do joined up writing.
    • View Profile
    • Wonky Words
Re: Greetings from the Netherlands!!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 07:26:16 AM »
Hello and Welcome, Linda!!