Author Topic: Hello From San Francisco :)  (Read 429 times)

Offline Blanca03

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello From San Francisco :)
« on: July 28, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »
Hello everyone, I am still learning to navigate the site, but I wanted to introduce myself, My name is Blanca and I live in San Francisco, CA.
I started practicing calligraphy consistently this past January 2021, I had tried last year but got very frustrated so I quit within 2 weeks. This time I stuck with it, I started learning modern calligraphy at first with Crooked Calligraphy, and then I found copperplate which I love tons and took Logos course.
I've taken a handful of classes, I also took a flourishing class from Suzanne Cunningham & a modern calligraphy & engraving class with Kestrel Montes, and I'm happy to say I'm seeing some progress :) I know I've taken other few that I can't remember now  ??? and I have a few classes more that I want to take this year.
I am also an engraver, I do calligraphy engraving and also I engrave drawings, still learning that too. Thank you for having me!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello From San Francisco :)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 11:51:17 AM »
Welcome Blanca! Sounds like you have jumped right in. And classes are a great way to push through the frustration of learning. Well done. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.  :-*
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram