Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Ashk

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Introduction
« on: December 14, 2017, 09:04:47 AM »
Hello every one , and a special thanks to the administrator  Erica McPhee for approving my request for joining this beautiful forum.

I came to know about this forum for an existing member of this forum Mr Ashok Giri.
He has played a vital role to motivate me and answer few technical questions i had about copperplate calligraphy. I thank him to share his knowledge about pointed pen calligraphy and about this forum too.

I am Ashwin Karale from India , Maharashtra , Mumbai. Basically a Hotel Management student . I have worked as a chef for a couple of years for some creative departments like bakery and Garde Manger , and used to do a lot of decoration work for cakes and plate presentations and setups. Now i am in to events and inclined a lot towards pointed pen calligraphy. Love the copperplate script and learning it for the last approx 2 years on my own watching posts of great calligraphers , Penmans and you tube has helped me to achieve some good forms in my lettering. Have been following the guidelines shared by Dr Joe Vitolo online.
Here to meet calligraphers all around the world and get some good guidance if i am lacking in any particular areas, when i post some of my work please feel free to criticize cause that helps more than compliments.

Thank You

Regards
Ashwin.Karale

Offline Salman Khattak

• View Profile
    • Toronto Pen Company
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ashwin.

I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to use it.

Copperplate Tutorial :: Toronto Pen Company

Offline prasad

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:43:03 PM »
Big Welcome to the forum,
Nice to see you posting here  :)
This is the perfect place for you to improve your already great writing  :D

DO post your stuff in the "Kind Critique" section and you will find the people here amazingly helpful.
Happy writing
Prasad
Never be afraid to try something new
Remember - An amateur built the Ark and Professionals built the Titanic
My Instagram

Offline Ashk

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 06:07:28 AM »
Thank you so much for the warm welcome @Salman Khattak and @prasad . I shall soon start on the posts  and get more from here .

And a big thanks to  @Erik McPhee to bringing this platform for all kind of calligraphers .

Offline AAAndrew

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • The Steel Pen Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 08:59:29 AM »
Welcome, Ashmin!

Glad to see you here, and I look forward to seeing your work. Sounds like it will be a good skill to have with your future career, regardless of which area of hospitality you end up in.

Andrew
Check out my steel pen history blog
https://thesteelpen.com/

ash0kgiri

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 06:40:34 AM »
Warm welcome @Ashk. Great to see you on this Forum.
You are always welcome to ask anything you want to know, everyone on this forum including me will be more than happy to guide you throughout.
Salman was my mentor on copperplate when I started and don't forget to join his Copperplate tutorials. :D

Keep writing,
Ashok

Offline Ashk

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »
Hey hi , thank you for the warm welcome and Ur kind words , last few posts I have observed the guidance already about this forum members , experience their hospitality . U were missing @ash0kgiri sir . Have been even waiting for @Salman Khattak sir to see my work.

And thx @AAAndrew , am looking forward to give more of my valuable time to learn more and more . And am sure it will help a lot being connected to u all lovely people out here , makes me feel like a family .
Thank  you every one

Posting my latest work below . Wasent that great as was In a hurry .

ash0kgiri

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 09:01:08 AM »
Hi Ashwin,

Good to see you work here. Sorry was away for a while because of work. Kindly share your work in 'Kind Critique' section. Like the one I have done. The best part is you can always to back in time and see your progress :D

Keep writing,
-Ashok

Offline Starlee

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 08:35:48 PM »
Welcome Ashwin! Great exemplar of your work; good energy in your strokes! The skills you acquired in the baking industry, especially the cake decorating, must transfer well to calligraphy :)
Star

Offline Ashk

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 01:55:20 AM »
Hey thank you so much @Starlee , it's a pleasure to get comments for my work . Yeah trying my best to transfer my energy and skills on paper . Good luck to mee. And thx again .

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 03:40:20 PM »
So sorry for my late welcome to you Ashwin! I am so happy you have joined us! Sounds like you have a great creativity. Dr. Vitolo's lessons are GREAT! Ashok is such a valuable member of our community and we are happy he has led you to us.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Ashk

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 02:44:48 AM »
Thank you @Erica McPhee for the warm welcome , that's no problem that u did it late. It was a year end and with all the responsibilities that you carry am sure it would have been difficult for u to follow up. It has been a good time here and hoping to utilize this 2018 to be a best year to learn from all masters here. good day

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 09:29:16 PM »
Thanks! P.S. Your Christmas wish is beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 08:03:46 PM »
Hello from London.
Welcome to the forum Ashwin!  Very nice writing and you are in the right place here.