Author Topic: Cocoiro Lettering Pen  (Read 14991 times)

Offline Estrella

• Estrella
    • View Profile
Re: Cocoiro Lettering Pen
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »
Why did I come across this thread?! WHY?!   :o ??? :'(  ;D

I just spent a lifetime on the JNB website and placed an order... finetec, nibs, a new oblique holder, Canson Pro-Layout Marker Pad, Higgins Eternal Ink, a few other things... and of course, COCOIRO PENS!!  ;) :o ::)

Offline Judy G

• I can be bribed with cookies and ice cream.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 03:37:37 PM »
Why did I come across this thread?! WHY?!   :o ??? :'(  ;D

I just spent a lifetime on the JNB website and placed an order... finetec, nibs, a new oblique holder, Canson Pro-Layout Marker Pad, Higgins Eternal Ink, a few other things... and of course, COCOIRO PENS!!  ;) :o ::)

Congratulations, Estrella! Enjoy your hoards!  ;)
Judy G [joo-dee]
food blog | instagram | twitter

Offline JohnNealBooks

• View Profile
    • John Neal Books
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2015, 08:59:51 PM »
Estrella, thanks for your order today.  Thanks also for asking for samples of Bound &Lettered and Letter Arts Review.  I hope you enjoy everything!! 

Cheers, Michael

PS: anyone who wants free sample issues, let me know!  Even if you live outside the U.S. 

Offline Carole

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2015, 05:33:48 PM »
Hello Everyone-- your wonderful writing samples and descriptions were just too much goodness, and therefore I received my Cocoiro order today.  8)

A quick question-- one of the refills is not writing well, it's as if the ink isn't able to saturate the brush tip.  Is there a trick to getting the ink to flow better?  The other refill is doing a bit better, but just a bit.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Offline FlowerCityLetters

• View Profile
    • Flower City Letters
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2015, 06:09:43 PM »
Oh man, what a bunch of enablers. I'm going to at least wait until payday and practice a little self restraint. Maybe.

Offline Judy G

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2015, 07:10:22 PM »
A quick question-- one of the refills is not writing well, it's as if the ink isn't able to saturate the brush tip.  Is there a trick to getting the ink to flow better?  The other refill is doing a bit better, but just a bit.

Same thing happened to me earlier. I held the pen point-down for a minute then it started writing fine. :)

Oh man, what a bunch of enablers. I'm going to at least wait until payday and practice a little self restraint. Maybe.

Good luck with that, Elaina!  ;)
Judy G [joo-dee]

Offline Carole

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2015, 09:56:36 PM »
Thanks for the advice-- but both of my markers seem to be having problems still.  The Cobalt Blue has leaked ink into the cap and barely writes at all.  The Burgundy is writing very dry as well.  Disappointing, but I did let the vendor (PIA) know so will wait to hear from them.  I sent them a photo of some writing too.

I can tell how wonderful these are though!  Fine and flexible tip is easy to control.  Portable cuteness. 
Thanks again!

Offline Judy G

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2015, 11:21:09 PM »
This might sound odd (and it's a matter of personal preference!), but I kept the [tiny] cap on the tip. It's a little tedious removing two caps before using the pen, but it helps prevent (accidental) ink smudges on the pen body.
Judy G [joo-dee]

Offline Carole

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »
Thank you Judy G --what an excellent idea and I will try it.  Just a side note:  these are also sold at JetPens and I saw that others had similar experiences to mine with these markers.  So it may be a matter of QC.   Perhaps with the feedback, they'll work on the issue.

Cheerio for now and I appreciate the great suggestions!

Offline chiarag

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2015, 02:46:27 PM »
I placed the order AND waiting for it ;D
Can't wait!
Thanks For sharing

Offline chiarag

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2015, 12:49:46 PM »
Cocoiro pens and ink have just been arrivederci! These are surprises in my calligraphy Easter Egg

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2015, 02:17:05 PM »
I have a numbskull question.  How do you get such fabulous width variations with this pen?  I had to buy one, of course.  I can get some width variation by pushing down of the felt tip, but I don't get the extremes i see in various IG images.  In addition, it takes a while for the tip to recover its fine point, so it is difficult to write fluidly with.  What am I missing?  I fear that all this pushing on the tip will break it.

Offline jeanwilson

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Pushing the Envelopes
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2015, 08:02:29 PM »
I get the best thicks by applying pressure but at the same time rolling my hand to the right so that the side of the nib is touching the paper. Then for the thin rocking back up on the tip and releasing the pressure. It might be helpful to have learned pointed brush to get the best results with a Cocoiro.

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2015, 10:45:23 PM »
I get the best thicks by applying pressure but at the same time rolling my hand to the right so that the side of the nib is touching the paper. Then for the thin rocking back up on the tip and releasing the pressure. It might be helpful to have learned pointed brush to get the best results with a Cocoiro.
I'll  give it a try!  Any other techniques?

Offline CharissaF

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2015, 10:26:01 PM »
Now I have to try this amazing pen... just ordered gray and pink ink.... :)