Author Topic: Hello from Greece!  (Read 460 times)

Offline Despoina

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello from Greece!
« on: October 15, 2022, 06:08:47 AM »
Hello everyone! My name is Despoina and I am from Greece. I picked up a pen for the first time on February. After one class of modern calligraphy and some playing around while learning and observing more what I like and what I don't, I started learning Copperplate. After trying a bit on my own, I finally got some workbooks and I feel like I am in a better track! I am still on the majuscules, but I am getting in love with it more and more each day. I also have got some classes for off-hand flourishing. I slowly getting better I think, in everything, but I sill have a really long way to go! I only have to be a bit more consisent that's for sure. I am so happy that I found you guys and I am looking forward to learn from everything and everyone here!  :-*  ;D

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Greece!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 10:41:03 AM »
Hello! Sounds like you are getting right into it. Let us know if you have questions as you go. Glad you found us! Welcome to Flourish!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Despoina

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 06:11:35 PM »
Hello! Sounds like you are getting right into it. Let us know if you have questions as you go. Glad you found us! Welcome to Flourish!

Thank you so much Erica! Will definitely ask many questions as time goes by hehe. For now, I started reading and taking notes from as many topics as can. So happy to be here!   :-*

Offline Zivio

• Foment Compassion, Practice Peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 11:16:02 PM »
Hello everyone! My name is Despoina and I am from Greece. I picked up a pen for the first time on February.

Greetings, @Despoina!  Thanks for sharing your Instagram -- your progress in so few months is truly enviable!   

It is always a joy for me to see new people join this community -- it has been so instrumental in  helping my own progress, and I know you also will reap those rewards. And it is also fun and a pleasure to have connections from across the globe in all of our lives.

As Erica says, do feel free to ask questions. Everyone here has been so gracious in lending their insight and experience.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 11:16:01 AM by Zivio »
Foment Compassion, Practice Peace

ash0kgiri

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 10:47:54 PM »
Warm welcome Despoina!
This is an amazing platform to learn calligraphy. Feel free to ask and dont forget to dig deep in the forum as it has wealth of knowledge. You can also post your work in Kind critique section and get some valuable feedback.

Keep writing!