Author Topic: Extra Brause EF66 Nib?  (Read 799 times)

Offline cherrylight

• View Profile
Extra Brause EF66 Nib?
« on: March 16, 2017, 11:06:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here and I'm excited to be part of this community. I have a Nikko G that I've been using with a straight nib holder and am interested in trying out a few other varieties of nibs. I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had some extra nibs I could take off their hands? I'd be happy to pay for them but I will add a disclaimer that I have a very limited budget (college student with too many loans :/) so hopefully we can be flexible with the price. I'd specifically like to try out the Brause EF66 but I'd be open to trying out some other nibs too. In terms of what materials I have currently and my writing style - still experimenting with my writing style so I do a little bit of everything (I am learning arabic calligraphy also). My primary ink is the sumi ink and I only own a straight pen holder. I'm working to get an oblique holder (I'm watching the sales) but otherwise that's my current setup. Thank you very much for all your help! :) I really appreciate it!

Offline Natalie419

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: Extra Brause EF66 Nib?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:25:51 PM »
Will you DM me your address?  I have a few nibs I will send to you.

Offline JanisTX

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:28 PM »
Ok, you hit my "soft spot"!  The EF66 is my favorite nib!  If you will PM me, I will send you some!  I adore that nib to unreasonable levels!

Janis

Offline FirebirdArts

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »
I love the Brause 66EF nib...my boyfriend bought me a box of 50 for Christmas, but if you're interested, there's this seller on instagram called "NibShoppe" and they sell vintage nibs at half off...I bought a few to try and half off is like $1.25 converted.  You should definitely try them.  And the reason they're on sale is they're a little rusty...but you can always rub that off with a bit of elbow grease and some oil. If you DM me I have an interesting nib you could try...Leonardt General, usually for larger pieces but I figure why the hell not just try it? :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:07:26 PM by FirebirdArts »