Author Topic: Iampeth 2015 - Soo... how was it?!  (Read 1452 times)

Offline CHAKAMEDINA

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Iampeth 2015 - Soo... how was it?!
« on: July 21, 2015, 08:33:51 AM »
I LOVE to hear how the Iampeth 2015 conference was? if you were fortunate to attend please share and dish on what was cool, what you learned and general takeaways!!!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Iampeth 2015 - Soo... how was it?!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 06:42:48 PM »
Hi Chakamedina,

This was only my second IAMPETH conference but I would say the best part of the conference was seeing all the online calligraphy friends in person. It's really fun to put faces to names and usernames.  ;D

I had some great classes and I took away a lot of new skills I will be able to use in the future. I was thrilled to learn Pointed Gothic. I'm not sure how much I will use it, but I enjoyed a return to broad pen. I believe it will help me slow down in my other work as well. I learned how to do a brush script based on Engrosser's script and how to achieve a nice thick and thin with a brush marker. I learned how to do a modern illuminated and decorated letter which I am sure I will be doing more of. I watched in awe at how to do ultra flourished capitals combining Spencerian with a fabulous refresher of minuscule Copperplate.

I had fun getting to see everyone's first glimpse of Dasherie's third issue in person which is really rewarding. The response was terrific and encouraging.  :)

I do have a few pictures which I will post when I am back in my studio. I have limited internet access right now.

I look forward to hearing the positive experiences of everyone else, too.  :)
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 10:12:34 PM »
See more responses on this thread: IAMPETH 2015;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline CHAKAMEDINA

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • instagram
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 12:38:08 PM »
thanks for sharing! Sounds awesome!!

Offline AmyNeub

• View Profile
    • 5th Floor Designs & Calligraphy
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 01:34:42 PM »
It was great. I think I was in shock the whole time. I met people that I either have chatted with here, on IG, or have exchanged letters with. I would meet someone and say, "What's your IG name?"

Classes were amazing. I have only took online classes, so it was nice to sit next to others and giggle about our bird tail feathers in our flourish.

Also I was able to buy pen holders with seeing them and holding them first.

It was so much and hard to describe.