Author Topic: Day 23 - 2023: Celestial  (Read 269 times)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Day 23 - 2023: Celestial
« on: October 23, 2023, 03:28:16 PM »
Celestial

« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 01:23:45 PM by AnasaziWrites »

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Day 23 - 2023: Celestial
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 06:14:05 PM »
Wow! Incredible capture and love the quote.
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 10:51:41 PM »
@AnasaziWrites - what a photo! (I'll look forward to the text later).

@Erica McPhee - thank you for your good thoughts about my Scratchy/Quill and my Chains/Links.

That feather quill is a demo of my go-to grey ink: Diamine's Earl Grey. (and yes, when I cut those things for writing, the first thing I do is strip the feather off the shaft, so that was a fantasy version).
And Mike - I like your "scratchy" writing too - and the record reminds me of my father! Count of Monte Cristo was his favorite book. And I finally made it to the infamous Chateau d'If this past summer!

Hey, longstanding superhero members of the Forum - I have a question... Is there a rhyme or reason to why some posts get dozens of views, and some get hundreds, and some thousands? I noticed that "Bounce" (Day 9) has barely above 50 views, whereas "Map" (Day 5) has over 900 views (and increasing). Are Maps that much more click-baity? Are they bots doing the clicking?

Maybe it's just because I've just finished a massive, soul-crushing data analysis project at work, that I'm particularly attuned to numerical variances that I can't explain, but... that seems like a really big statistical divergence from two prompts that are relatively close together in time.

Or if anyone else has a theory, I'd love to hear it!

Here's "Heavenly" in place of "Celestial" - I need an H for my alphabet, and the Orion constellation obliged! (mostly Diamine's "Stargazer" ink from Inkvent 2021)

Offline tiffany.c.a

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2023, 09:29:27 AM »
@AnasaziWrites, can’t wait to see the quote.
@K-2, the bleach technique (I assume) really works here.

I am figuring out my different takes on the next set of words. That’s part of the fun.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2023, 09:34:57 AM »

Hey, longstanding superhero members of the Forum - I have a question... Is there a rhyme or reason to why some posts get dozens of views, and some get hundreds, and some thousands? I noticed that "Bounce" (Day 9) has barely above 50 views, whereas "Map" (Day 5) has over 900 views (and increasing). Are Maps that much more click-baity? Are they bots doing the clicking?

Maybe it's just because I've just finished a massive, soul-crushing data analysis project at work, that I'm particularly attuned to numerical variances that I can't explain, but... that seems like a really big statistical divergence from two prompts that are relatively close together in time.

Or if anyone else has a theory, I'd love to hear it!

Here's "Heavenly" in place of "Celestial" - I need an H for my alphabet, and the Orion constellation obliged! (mostly Diamine's "Stargazer" ink from Inkvent 2021)
@K-2
Your guess about the high view counts of some posts is correct--it is bots. You'll note that the most online  at over 500 in a day is also bogus--bots combing the site for information. It happens regularly. If you're into stats at the moment, click the "more stats" button at the bottom of the home page (visible when you are signed in). Interesting numbers.

Love the "H." The stargazer ink is perfect for this prompt.

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2023, 11:17:38 AM »
Thus the reason for the relentlessly annoying sign up process. Keeps the bots on the outside looking in, and not vice versa.

@K-2 - Your Heavenly is heavenly.  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2023, 01:46:12 PM »
@AnasaziWrites  and @K-2