Author Topic: Day 26 - 2023: Remove  (Read 354 times)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Day 26 - 2023: Remove
« on: October 26, 2023, 03:44:52 PM »
Remove

remove the guard
black to play

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: Day 26 - 2023: Remove
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2023, 04:05:21 PM »
LOL, I almost deleted it before reading (because it said remove).   ;D  Nice hand lettering!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Mary_M

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 04:55:46 PM »
Everyone has been doing lovely work. Sorry I haven’t been participating. I’m in a funk, mourning my kitty Grace, who I had to say goodbye to last week.

Here’s something silly.

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2023, 05:25:00 PM »
Everyone has been doing lovely work. Sorry I haven’t been participating. I’m in a funk, mourning my kitty Grace, who I had to say goodbye to last week.

Sorry to hear about your kitty. Pets become part of the family, and it's tough when they go.

Offline Cyril Jayant

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/jaycyril
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2023, 05:59:44 PM »
@AnasaziWrites  Nice one Mike  :D

@Erica McPhee  LOL  ;D Aout removal guarantee.
@Mary_M  Very sorry to hear about your lost of  Cat!! :'( It is very sad to lose a loved one.

Inktomber 23 - Day 26- REMOVE

In the world of Peanut, Snoopy have the privilege  to have a FFREE DENTAL SRVICE.  :P
 :-X :o :-*
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 07:54:45 PM by Cyril Jayant »

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 07:11:27 PM »
Hello everyone!

@Mary_M I am so sorry about your cat. Grieving a pet is so hard <3
@AnasaziWrites you and @K2 simply never run out of ideas do you?
@Cyril Jayant it's so nice to have your illustrations! everyone had a really different interpretation of remove! and we haven't seen everyone yet!

As for me I am cramming Fraktur, just turned in my assignment. I do feel that the cramming from yesterday actually did bring me more ease today. In normal times I tend to only do micro practice, until i get every tiny detail right, before i even write a small group of words. But now I am being reminded that, like in music, practicing a whole "piece" without stopping, before it is perfect, is also important for growth.

Aside from that I am happy that I am learning the pen rotations on the L, you can see it on the second one, where the bottom of the l is slightly thinner than the top. If it were left up to me I would have spent the week practicing just that  ;D but Filip Cislak is seriously kicking my backside with his course  ;D ;D ;D

Night night everyone!
Oh crêpe!

Offline K-2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2023, 12:17:41 AM »
@AnasaziWrites - Great lettering on "Remove"! I also loved the lettering on Dangerous.

@Cyril Jayant - I love this interpretation for "Remove"!

@Mary_M - My condolences on the loss of your kitty. It's nice to see your beautiful lettering here. I think we're all feeling for you.

@Erica McPhee @Lucie Y - Thank you for your thoughts on my Nasty/Dangerous. The capital N turned out way better than I had expected!

Lucie, if you like that yellow ink (which I also used on Spicy/Zesty, it's Rohrer & Klingner "Helianthus" -- you should be able to pick up a 50ml bottle for around €6 where you are. It's made in Germany, and it's one of my favorite inks! It does well with a broad nib, on a pointed pen, in a ruling pen, an automatic pen, a paintbrush... super versatile, clean, vibrant, and good shading.

Here's "Remove" - and one more try at the capital R. This time I'm quite happy with it! I used the same green ink (Pilot Iroshizuku chiku-rin) that I had tried to use on "Rise." But this time I had more patience, and generally better control over the whole situation. (although writing gigantic letters with a 1/2-inch poster nib is still a nail biter - it's really not quite the right tool for a thin "wet" ink like this).
* And since it's supposed to snow this weekend, I won't have to worry about dandelions in my garden again until June!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 12:21:46 AM by K-2 »

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2023, 04:01:27 AM »
I love this @K2. Again really pretty fraktir with lovely shading of the green ink. And cool knotted R.
Thanks for the ink recommendations. Do Roher and Klingner inks have to be thickened to Je used on broad edge nibs?
Last night I felt I really deserved a reward for surviving this month. I ended up canceling my diamine ink order for something I wanted even more: ferris wheel press ink! I got myself one plus a free one thanks to the Inktober discount.

They.'re supposed to be really good on nibs, straight out of the bottle
I'm excited to use them for Fraktur.

Here' s what I got:

Oh crêpe!

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 10:59:34 AM »
@K-2 That is beautiful - such lovely color combo, too.
@Lucie Y - I would buy that Ferris Wheel Ink just for the packaging!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Matthew H.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2023, 03:34:20 PM »
@Mary_M I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss.

@K-2 @AnasaziWrites @Lucie Y @Cyril Jayant @Mary_M I just wanted to apologise for missing your wonderful posts this week. It's been a real joy to catch up with them this evening.

I'd been looking forward to joining in again some time – I'd had my eye on celestial ever since I saw the prompts list! – but fingers crossed for next week.

Offline Lucie Y

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2023, 05:52:23 PM »
I can't wait to see your work @Matthew H.! Don't pressure yourself. Join when you can and enjoy it!
Oh crêpe!

Offline Matthew H.

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2023, 02:47:54 PM »
Oh, that's so kind of you, @Lucie Y – thank you.

I hope you don't mind me saying how much I've been enjoying your Fraktur. It's been wonderful to see the examples you've posted. Honestly, I've had to stop my jaw falling open!