Author Topic: Happy Valentine's Day  (Read 193 times)

Offline AnasaziWrites

• Super Hero Member
  • Ad astra, per aspera
    • View Profile
Happy Valentine's Day
« on: March 28, 2024, 04:44:58 PM »
Hi everyone.
Yesterday, my wife received a Valentine's Day card. From me. Mailed Feb 5, 2024. Mailed to our house via a post office 1/2 mile away. Then sent to a major sorting facility about 10 miles away. The 20 mile round trip letter took 7 weeks and two days to get here. Go USPS.
So, there is a little hope that any of you to whom I've sent a letter in the last several months might actually some day receive it.

Offline TeresaS

• View Profile
Re: Happy Valentine's Day
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 08:58:47 AM »
Gosh!  That is just crazy.  I did receive your exchange letter, and I’m pretty sure it was before Valentines Day.  It took four months for me to receive an envelope from Africa a few years back, but when I emailed the sender that I had received it, she said that was pretty good timing for her neck of the woods!  That is a lot more understandable than what just happened to you.  It is sort of taking the fun out of sending nice envelopes.
Teresa

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2024, 12:30:05 AM »
Oh my. That is atrocious. Did you tell your postmaster? Maybe write him a letter and copy your congressman. I doubt it will do any good but might make you feel better. I hate to say this but I think we are running on borrowed time for the post office to keep functioning.  :-[
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 02:58:08 PM »
P.S. I did receive your card already! Gorgeous! That photograph was amazing!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram