Author Topic: Hello, Fraktur in NY  (Read 525 times)

Offline BenA

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello, Fraktur in NY
« on: July 31, 2018, 01:52:35 PM »
Hello all,

I've been practicing black-letter for roughly 14 or so months.  Primarily I've been practicing fraktur but I might start giving TQ a shot also.  I'm not the best at clean straight lines which is my concern there but it'll prob help me improve overall.  I took one two day class a few months back but outside of that all my experience has been from IG and Reddit basically.  I've been pretty active in r/calligraphy and r/scribes for feedback which is where most of my improvement / growth has come from.  All I've used to date are the 2.4, 3.8 and 6mm nibs.

Here is an example of something I did recently (and misspelled 2/3 words): https://imgur.com/gallery/etc8QdJ

My goal here is exposure to a larger group of calligraphers that I can learn from and interact with to better my knowledge of tools, techniques and the such while (hopefully) one day being able to provide the same support to others.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:09:18 PM by BenA »

Offline Dries

• View Profile
Re: Hello, Fraktur in NY
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 02:18:26 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum. Your work certainly looks impressive to me. If you're looking to interact and learn, you've come to the right place – there are a lot of talented and helpful people here!

Offline BenA

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 02:31:08 PM »
Thanks bud  :)

Thats the goal!

Offline markvog

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
    • Design portfolio
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 06:21:03 AM »
Welkom :) Nice work, what pen/nib did you use for this? Happy learning as well :)