Author Topic: Bleed proof white.  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Tales from the Nib

• View Profile
Bleed proof white.
« on: March 19, 2017, 02:06:00 PM »
I decided to buy some bleed proof white to see what it's like, after getting to grips with my consistency issues, at first my hairlines didn't show, and adding more water, I kind of like it now, I think I will use it again on other things, it was fun to try something new, and experiment too on this.
It turned out ok in the end thankfully..... phew  🙂
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 02:07:50 PM by Tales from the Nib »

Offline vonking1980

• View Profile
    • MyAmari
Re: Bleed proof white.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 09:00:04 PM »
This is absolutely gorgeous Sarah. Your calligraphy with the white on blue is a beautiful combo. Was this done directly on the image?

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 06:18:19 AM »
This is absolutely gorgeous Sarah. Your calligraphy with the white on blue is a beautiful combo. Was this done directly on the image?

Thank you Yvonne, yes I printed the photo then wrote straight on top of it, I was expecting issues, but it was ok, it didn't react, feather or anything.
Sorry for the terrible photo, I took it on my phone x

Offline vonking1980

• View Profile
    • MyAmari
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
Well, that was just it...I thought it had been digitized- but now that I look closer and am on my computer, I see the background behind the image. It's actually a great photo.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 05:26:38 PM »
Well, that was just it...I thought it had been digitized- but now that I look closer and am on my computer, I see the background behind the image. It's actually a great photo.

Thank you Yvonne, I was just trying it out to see if it would work, and I got lucky ha ha  :)

Offline Karlco

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 05:19:10 PM »
I love to work with Bleedproof White. It is necessary to find out how much water you must add. I even think it's also depending on which nib we use.  I write a lot with Zebra G and sometimes Spencerian nr 1.  Your work is very nice.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 04:25:39 AM »
I love to work with Bleedproof White. It is necessary to find out how much water you must add. I even think it's also depending on which nib we use.  I write a lot with Zebra G and sometimes Spencerian nr 1.  Your work is very nice.

Thank you Karl, I'm trying to get out of the habit of using ink that is ready to use straight out of the jar, the bleed proof white I haven't got the perfect consistency quite right, my hair lines are too heavy, and you know it's just not as I'd like right now, but, I'm going to keep trying.
I find sometimes that my G nibs don't like certain inks, and for me, my favourite nib is the Nikko G, I have many different nibs, but it's my safety blanket I guess, and it feels right to me, it's comfortable, thank you again Karl  :)