Author Topic: Nikko G Nibs in Cape Town  (Read 1095 times)

Offline MelissaMartheze

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Nikko G Nibs in Cape Town
« on: October 31, 2014, 04:32:23 AM »
Hi,

I am very new here and new to Calligraphy.  I bought myself a starter pen set but the nibs are tearing into the paper, I have read about the Nikko nibs and would like to purchase them and have looked everywhere for them.  I live in Cape Town, South Africa by the way.

Does anyone know where I can purchase these nibs in Cape Town or somewhere in South Africa?  I have found them online, but would prefer to go in to a store to purchase if possible.

Thanks

Offline Heebs

• View Profile
Re: Nikko G Nibs in Cape Town
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 12:59:50 PM »
I can't help with finding the Nikko G near you but what nibs are you currently using? In the meantime you could try switching to a different paper, sounds like the one you're using might be ill suited for calligraphy.

Offline MelissaMartheze

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 04:12:42 AM »
At the moment I am using a starter set, from Dala, it was very cheap.  It's good for practice in the meantime.

I will look into paper as well, thanks for the advice.

Offline lyndsaywrightdesign

• View Profile
    • Lyndsay Wright Design
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 09:10:13 PM »
Finally - a South African on the Forum!!!!!!  I've been anxiously awaiting this day.  My little stepbrothers are in Jo-burg, and my stepdad's parents are in Midrand!!   :D

Just out of curiosity, how many rand are you paying for your supplies down there? 

I know the postal service isn't really that trustworthy down there regarding packages.  I can send you a Nikko G in an envelope, and I can fold up a few sheets of Bienfang 360 marker paper for you to test, too.  That's the paper I use.  PM me your address, and I'll drop it in the mail next week.  If you're easy on it, the Nikko G should last you quite a while - possibly several months.  If you liked the paper, you'd at least have a sample to use for comparison, if you couldn't find that exact paper.
http://www.lyndsaywrightdesign.com
Instagram: lyndsaywrightdesign