Author Topic: Scanners,Printers & Colored Paper  (Read 1156 times)

Offline laurenthomas

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Scanners,Printers & Colored Paper
« on: September 15, 2014, 03:06:37 PM »
Hello! I was wondering if you all could provide some suggestions on your favorite at home printers (ideally those that come with a scanner) and a place or brand of colored paper that is great for writing on? Thank you for your help!

Offline Cecilia

• show love, share with love
    • View Profile
Re: Scanners,Printers & Colored Paper
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 04:46:36 PM »
Hello Lauren, I personally have  Canon scanner/printer (max scanning at 600dpi) and have Staples 80g colored paper which only works with sandarac powder. But it's very beautiful for calligraphy printing :)
There are so many brands and models.
Do you have a specific work in mind for which you're asking?
Maybe more details will help others in giving you better advice ;)
Cecilia
My IG :: My FB Page

Offline laurenthomas

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 05:09:59 PM »
I think I'm mainly looking for a scanner/printer that I can use to make digital images of my calligraphy (like the tutorials here) or send the image out to print. Ideally it would be something that could scan in fairly quickly and is pretty reliable. I hope that helps narrow it down a little more?

Offline Briana

• Love is all you need!
    • View Profile
    • Pickles 'N Voda
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:00:12 PM »
I just bought an Epson XP-610 two weeks ago! Best Buy was having a big sale and I got it for about $100 with a warranty and tax. So far I love it! The scanner area is a bit smaller than I'd prefer (A4, just a bit bigger than 8.5x11), but for the price that's hard to beat. It has 4 color cartridges so you can buy them individually, and they're reasonably priced.  I had to dig into the printer settings on my Macbook so I could adjust the DPI for scans-- it goes up pretty high from what I can tell: at least 600, maybe more but I haven't tested that yet. You can print wirelessly and there are options to print on photo paper stock and envelopes, etc.

Check it out-- maybe it'll have some features you're looking for, or at least give you a baseline to start from!
Briana, aka Pickles 'N Vodka-- landscape designer, aspiring calligrapher, top-notch goofball
(facebook | 365 Messages of Love)

Offline laurenthomas

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 01:29:07 PM »
Awesome!! I will definitely look into it :) thank you for your response!