Author Topic: Huion A4 Lightpad review  (Read 27349 times)

Offline AmyNeub

• View Profile
    • 5th Floor Designs & Calligraphy
Re: Huion A4 Lightpad review
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2014, 10:32:48 PM »
I just got my Huion light pad. It helps a lot with not having to rule lines for envelopes and thicker paper. Thanks Felicia and everyone else who recommended it. A question - do you use any padding under your guidelines to soften up the writing surface? If so, what do you use?

I use blot paper.

Offline Mandy

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 11:45:58 AM »
Thanks for all the reviews of the Huion. I am going to buy one for myself. I couldn't see myself plopping a $100 for a light box, but Huion is much cheaper. :) A question though, I'm undecided if I should get the one with the USB cable or not. Which is better?  :-\

Offline Annie

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 03:01:40 PM »
Thanks for all the reviews of the Huion. I am going to buy one for myself. I couldn't see myself plopping a $100 for a light box, but Huion is much cheaper. :) A question though, I'm undecided if I should get the one with the USB cable or not. Which is better?  :-\

it all depends on where you plan on using hte light pad. I work on my calligraphy at my computer desk so I have no troubles with the usb cable. I plug the usb cable into a usb outlet adapter( like the apple charging cubes)

If you practice at a dining room table or something with no nearby outlets I would choose the on without a usb cable
-an over enthusiastic newbie
http://instagram.com/tewshortforu

Offline CharissaF

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2014, 12:03:05 AM »
This thread is great. I'm getting one of these lightpads...happy not to spend $100 on the other kind. Can't wait.

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 02:38:25 AM »
i am FINALLY getting this!

my husband bought the A4 size (the one with the brightest lux) from qoo.  it's a little cheaper compared to amazon since the shipping is free and is already in SGD. so, yay!  can't wait!  no more tracing and erasing guidelines :)
patricia
instagram    |   blog    |   facebook

Offline Blotbot

• Super Hero Member
  • Follow your bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 09:16:08 AM »
I bought one of these a few months ago.  Two points:
1. I also got a adapter outlet so I didn't need my computer.  It lightpad now has a slight waiver in intensity, I think from the outlet adapter. 
2.  The lightpad comes wrapped in a light sheet of transparent foam.  Don't throw this out!  It makes a nice pad under your paper.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:52:43 AM by Blotbot »

Offline SueL

• View Profile
    • Instagram Oliveleafcalli
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 10:02:41 AM »
I bought one of these a few months ago.  Two points:
1. I also got a adapter outlet so I did need my computer.  It lightpad now has a slight waiver in intensity, I think from the outlet adapter. 
2.  The lightpad comes wrapped in a light sheet of transparent foam.  Don't throw this out!  It makes a nice pad under your paper.

Thanks for the tip about the foam. I'll try that.

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2014, 03:25:30 AM »
sharing my love for this lightpad. 

okay, so after almost a month the lightpad arrived.  and i just love it!  no more tracing of lines.  and everything is written on a straight line.  i don't know why, but drawing guidelines has always been a problem even with a ruler haha. 

oh, and the walnut ink is just love.  the effect while it's drying, and after it has dried is beautiful.  i don't why i never bought this earlier.

:)
patricia

Offline SueL

• View Profile
    • Instagram Oliveleafcalli
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2014, 11:24:44 PM »
Pat, cool! Your lightpad took a long time to arrive. Mine took about a week.

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2014, 11:17:10 PM »
What papers are you using, Pat? I need thinner papers for practice that won't be too thick to see guidelines underneath..

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 11:59:42 PM »
What papers are you using, Pat? I need thinner papers for practice that won't be too thick to see guidelines underneath..

felicia i used a tracing paper for this. you can buy loose pages from art friend. they work well with the walnut ink.  plus, if you make a mistake, you can easily wipe it off; although it's not completely clean, but for practice it's okay.  and they're cheap too :) 
patricia

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2014, 09:37:56 PM »
My lightbox just arrived!  And I raced down to the post office to pick it up on my lunch break, and dropped it off at my home, and raced back to the office without even unwrapping it ... and I'm SO IMPATIENT to get home tonight to open it up!

I just had to share my excitement ... carry on with your days ;)  I'll add a revew to this thread when I get to touch it!

Offline patweecia

• View Profile
    • Patty Paperie
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 09:43:32 PM »
yay moya! i am super loving that light pad.  probably the only thing i could have asked for is a longer adapter cable.  i need to position my table near the outlet to plug it in.  i need to find like an extender or something.
patricia

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2014, 12:35:39 AM »
oh my goodness.  oh my goodness, you guys, this is AMAZING.  How did I struggle for so long with a clamp light underneath a glass table? I CAN NEVER GO BACK.  I can't even explain how wonderful it is!  The light is even and adjustable and clean, the surface is smooth, it works perfectly - I'm so happy!  I feel like I can finally produce the work I dream of instead of ruling everything up!

Offline flourishmetoo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2014, 08:14:32 AM »
Thanks everyone for your reviews. Which exact model do you have? I am struggling to sort out which model to buy.