Author Topic: Hello from Rotterdam  (Read 786 times)

Offline Naomi Bong A Jan

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Hello from Rotterdam
« on: March 31, 2016, 07:54:09 AM »
Hi everyone! My name is Naomi and I live in The Netherlands. I have always been fond of handwriting, drawing and collecting notebooks. Whenever I am at the stationery or art supplies store, you'd have to pull me away if you want to get home in time for dinner. It's a shame that it's quite hard to find supplies for (pointed pen) calligraphy, though.

Last year I came across some flex fountain pens and I was sold immediately. They have opened the door to learning calligraphy, I might say. I have started learning calligraphy in January. It is so relaxing and soothing! Copperplate and Spencerian seem to be my preference so far (love the flourishes and neatness), but I am curious what else this calligraphy world has to offer! It has been a long time since I've been so excited about learning something new. My boyfriend even became interested in studying Fraktur, hehe. :)

The calligraphy and lettering community on Instagram have been truly inspiring and have led me here. Thank you, Erica, for letting me enter this forum! I look forward to learning more about calligraphy, meeting great people and get inspired.

-Naomi

Offline cvcrossing

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Rotterdam
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 10:36:53 AM »
Hi, Naomi. Welcome to FF, from a fellow newbie. There's lots of inspiration on this site to keep you busy for hours! :)

Christine

Offline Dries

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 03:42:44 AM »
Since you're from the Netherlands, it is safe to assume that you speak Dutch, so –

Hartelijk welkom bij de Flourish Forum. Ik hoop dat u zal sterk worden geļnspireerd door de getalenteerde mensen hier.

Oh, and please feel free to correct my Dutch if the grammar is somewhat off  :)

Offline valerie a.

• Freshman Member
  • Frenchie.Leftie.Translator & Jewelry artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 07:34:42 AM »
Hey Naomi, i already know you from IG and i'm glad to see you here too  ;)
My other IG account: @lune_hiver
Twitter/Periscope: @ferrogallique