Author Topic: International Cyberscribes 2024 Exchange  (Read 251 times)

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
International Cyberscribes 2024 Exchange
« on: January 07, 2024, 04:59:10 PM »
Another great exchange - not hosted by Flourish but from Wendy Cowley on Cyberscribes. This is to send out one envelope once per month for the year.

From Wendy:
For a number of years I have been organizing an envelope exchange for Cyberscribes and a number of calligraphy societies. This invitation is going to Cyberscribes, the four British Columbia calligraphy societies, the three Alberta societies, all members of this year's exchange and anybody who has contacted me in the last year about participating. I have NOT compared the lists, so if you get this notice more than once please accept my apologies. Feel free to pass the invitation on to anyone you know who you think would be interested. People do NOT need to get the invitation directly from me. 

Registration will close on January 20, 2024 at midnight pacific time. Even if you have participated before, please take the time to read the entire e-mail so that you will remember just how to fill in the form. When you put in extra spaces or formatting, it creates a lot of extra work for me and I may just e-mail you to have you correct it yourself.

Cheers,
Wendy

Here are the details:

Send out one envelope a month where calligraphy is the primary component. That is--you will COMMIT to doing one envelope a month from February to December. Remember this is a calligraphic exchange not just a decorated envelope exchange.

After the sign-up period closes, each participant will get an email with a grid showing who they should send to and who they should receive from each month of the rotation. Grids will be mailed by February 1, 2023.

I will try to spread participants out equally from participating countries.

Information entered on the form is subject to the Terms of Service of Google (see the bottom of the page for the link). Participants agree to let the receivers of their envelopes share the envelopes they receive with anyone to whom they will show it in person. The envelopes are NOT to be put up on the web or printed in any journals or newsletters without the express permission of the addressee.

YOUR ENVELOPES CAN BE ANY SIZE YOU LIKE. REMEMBER EXTRA LARGE SIZE ENVELOPES MAY REQUIRE EXTRA POSTAGE.

You do not NEED to put anything calligraphic into your envelope (you certainly can if you wish, but there is absolutely no pressure to do so.) You MUST PUT SOMETHING into your envelope--just a note saying what techniques you used for the envelope or a note or postcard about the beautiful spot you live--empty envelopes are disappointing. You can certainly just type out a brief note on your computer and put the exact same note into each exchange envelope. This is not meant to be onerous, but rather give us a chance to know each other a little better. One suggestion from a participant is to put the month the envelope is for along with the return address on your envelope. A number of you are already doing this. This is NOT a requirement, but is a nice idea that could make organization of your stash a little easier.

Complete all the fields that apply and are required (*). Be sure to proofread your responses before submitting or your info will be incorrect on the exchange. Do NOT leave a blank line between the end of your address and your e-mail address. Do NOT center the information.

For the final question a multi-line answer is required. It should look like this:

Wendy Cowley
1234 Main Street
Anytown, British Columbia
V5W 1A5
Canada
[email protected]

Google documents acknowledge your information has been received and gives you the option to submit another form, so if you are willing to be on more than one list signing up again is simpler. If you would like to be on more than one list, register one time for each list and put #2 at the end of your name the second time you sign up. I do NOT guarantee that you will get more than one list. My first priority is to make sure that everyone who wants to participate can. However, it is helpful for me to have folks who are prepared to do more than one list as it helps me even out numbers. Amazingly the number of people who sign up is not always equally divisible by 12! I will also acknowledge that I have received your information, but that might not occur until after January 20.

I've invited you to fill out the form Wendy's 2024 Envelope Exchange: Info & Sign-up Form. To fill it out, visit:

Wendy's Exchange Form

Cheers,
Wendy
Happy New Year!
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline Despoina

• Freshman Member
    • View Profile
Re: International Cyberscribes 2024 Exchange
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 07:12:06 PM »
@Erica McPhee thank you so much for introducing us into that Erica, just signed up! It will be a good challenge to see the month to month growth of the year, apart of the beauty of all of it, of course

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
Re: International Cyberscribes 2024 Exchange
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 07:27:55 PM »
Yes! What a nice way to see your improvement!  ;D
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop