Author Topic: IAMPETH meetup?  (Read 7423 times)

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
IAMPETH meetup?
« on: July 31, 2014, 02:55:56 PM »
Guess what! Iampeth is next week! OMG!

I'm not sure if Erica has anything planned, but does anyone want to get together for a Flourish Forum lunch or dinner or something? The Iampeth facebook listed a bunch of restaurants within walking distance, and it would be nice to plan something in advance so we can get together.

https://www.facebook.com/IAMPETHConvention
OPENINKSTAND // website | blog |instagramyoutube

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • www.bienfaitcalligraphy.com
Re: IAMPETH meetup?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »
totally IN!!!

i can't believe it's next week...i'm starting to freak out...not about the actual convention...but about what will be going on at home...ya know, leaving the kids in the care of a nanny for an entire week...i know they will be fine...but all the what if's...i know once i hit the road i will be totally glad to be doing this for myself!!!

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 06:06:31 PM »
totally IN!!!

i can't believe it's next week...i'm starting to freak out...not about the actual convention...but about what will be going on at home...ya know, leaving the kids in the care of a nanny for an entire week...i know they will be fine...but all the what if's...i know once i hit the road i will be totally glad to be doing this for myself!!!

Haha I know it's so soon! Don't worry, your kids will be fine and you will have so much fun! I'm a little worried about leaving my puppy with my bf too, but it's only a week..

Dinner everyday starts at 5pm, any day is fine for me except Thursday night.. any ideas? Should we all meet at the lobby after class or just pick a restaurant and go there?

Offline mary ellen

• View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Mary Ellen
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »
I would love to do a dinner or lunch with the FF gang!!  Count me in,
Mary Ellen

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:07:23 PM »
any day is fine with me too...i have not been to Indy in a few years...the only restaurant i remember is St. Elmo's...old school steak and lobster.  i could eat just about anything!  I'm not on FB so can't see the restaurant recs...anything look good/interesting?

scrapbookmom

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 07:31:27 PM »
Hi, All,

If most of us are going to the opening dinner, maybe we could sit together there. :)   I don't know how this one will be, but the one in Milwaukee two years ago was buffet style.   Just an idea.
     Joi - I'm not on facebook either, but you can go to the convention tab on IAMPETH's site and click on the convention blogs and facebook (2012) and it will take you to their page. 

It will be so great to meet everyone in Indy.
    See you there!
          Agnes

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 07:36:51 PM »
Here's the list of restaurants from the facebook:

In the immediate area within walking distance (a chains unless noted) are:
Cheesecake Factory - in mall
Seasons 52
PF Chang
Maggianos
TGI Fridays
Late Harvest Kitchen $$$(local)
Ocean Prime $$$
Flemings $$$ - except in the bar during happy hour with 5 apps for $6 till 7:00 + their cheeseburger and fries
Sullivans $$$ - also has a bar with a Thursday night special
Ruth’s Chris $$$
Bonefish Grill
Patachou - breakfast & lunch (local)
Napolese Pizza - (local) same owner as Patachou
Ruth’s Keystone Cafe (local) - breakfast and lunch
LePeep - breakfast & lunch
First Watch - breakfast & lunch
McAlister’s
Subway - in mall
Chipolte - in mall
Nordstrom Tea Room - in the mall
Naked Tchopstix - in the mall
Elevation Burger - in the mall
Pinkberry - in the mall
Champps Americana
Joe’s Crab Shack
Oobatz
Chick-Fil-A
Benihana
Shanghai Lil (local)
Don Pablo
BD Mongolian Grill
Jason’s Deli
Puccini’s (local) Italian
Chili’s
Pizza Hut

and here are a few specifics.....
Harry & Izzy's northside; it's a spinoff of the famous St. Elmo's which is downtown. They're known for their shrimp cocktail, but it is not for the faint of heart. The cocktail sauce should come with a fire extinguisher:
http://www.harryandizzys.com/locations/northside-more-information/

for those that are willing to get beyond the immediate hotel area, some of my fave Indy restaurants are just a taxi/Uber/Lyft ride downtown to Massachusetts Avenue (Mass Ave):
http://www.discovermassave.com/cat/restaurants/

Bru Burger (Burgers and beer - nuff said! Indy has a good reputation for craft beer - http://www.bruburgerbar.com/

Bakersfield (Little Tacos and margaritas - yummy!)
http://www.bakersfieldmassave.com/

R Bistro ($$$, but great for true foodies)
http://www.rbistro.com/

There are plenty more restaurants (as well as shops and galleries on Mass Ave, but those are just a couple of my favorites.) If people stay on Mass Ave, then they should be just fine safety wise.

If they want to try a "breaded tenderloin", then they might want to head to downtown Carmel to the Art & Design District which is just a few miles northeast of the hotel. If the weather's nice, then you can sit outside. http://www.muldoons.net/ **Also, just a few doors down in the same building at "ARTSplash Gallery", a member of our calligraphy guild, Erika Woods, will be having an exhibit of her calligraphic artwork during the month of August! The gallery is open until 6pm on Friday and until 8pm on Saturday.

Here's a link (I hope) to the restaurants in downtown Carmel's Art & Design District. Nearly all have outdoor seating, and I believe all but 1 are locally owned. Bub's was featured on the Food Chanel's Man vs. Food.
http://www.carmelartsanddesign.com/directory/category.asp?cid=11

Carmel's Art & Design District is very safe.

---------------------------

Everything sounds delicious, but I would rather we go someplace that isn't too far so we can make it back for the evening activities at 7:30pm.
I don't think I will be alone in saying I prefer not to go to places like Subway/Pizza Hut/Chipotle.. I think a proper sit down place would be better. Iampeth is my only 'vacation' this year so I wanna go someplace nice.. lol.
Also if it's Saturday or Friday where the dinner time is longer than usual, we can go someplace further..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:38:24 PM by schin »

Offline Erica McPhee

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • Be brave. Love life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 07:49:18 PM »
Definitely! I am leaving Saturday morning so hopefully we can do it before Saturday. Plus isn't there a banquet that night?

I'm good with anything except spicy. I'm not big for seafood but will usually be able to find something on any menu.
Warm Regards,
Erica
Lettering & Design Artist
Flourish Forum Shop
Instagram

Offline joi

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »
pinkberry!!!  LOL.  i would be thrilled with anything on that list that is above Subway.  anytime i can sit down and have someone put a plate of food in front of me and i can actually eat it and converse with other adults is a luxury to me!!!

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 09:13:05 PM »
Haha okay you guys choose which restaurant! I'm happy with anything, just no sandwich or fast food! And we can stop by Pinkberry later for joi :D

Offline Faeleia

• Bloop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 10:05:59 PM »
 :'(

Offline Moya

• Super Hero Member
  • all your gold are belong to me
    • View Profile
    • Calligraphy by Moya
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 10:20:44 PM »

Offline Nickkih

• Be Brave
    • View Profile
    • Amore Paper and Ink
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 10:36:56 PM »
All of us who can't go will be expecting updates and of course our faces will be happy for you. But our hearts are a little sad we won't be there too. But I'm convinced we will all meet one day at one convention or another.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:38:30 PM by Nickkih »
Mom, Grandma, and Calligrapher

Offline schin

• Super Hero Member
  • Las Vegas
    • View Profile
    • Openinkstand
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 10:42:34 PM »
We will start a thread to post pictures and things, and hope soon you can join us :) Iampeth travels from state to state so maybe who knows, one year it will be in your backyard!

Offline tintenfuchs

• Super Hero Member
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 01:06:32 AM »
Natascha
My Instagram